Quiet/Dark Case Recommendation Please

toddreg

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
I am putting together my shopping list for an I7 build thanks to several people here on this forum. I received a couple case recommendations however many of the newer cases are getting pretty cute with the led light thing.

Since my computer resides in the bedroom and sometimes is left on at night I don't want it to look like some NASA setup, I do not want any lighting. That is a problem with the cases that have been recommended so far.

Quiet is also important, some fans howl like an F-16 (well maybe that is pushing it a bit). Also, top front mounted connections would be great. All this for a low low price as well as I have blown my budget already at this point. Thanks for the help.

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Any case can be quieted and you can just avoid LED fans to get rid of the light. Look for a good case that has what you need in your price range and then go to a site like this to get ideas on how to silence everything.

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
This is the case I use. It is fairly quiet with the stock fans which are 2x120s and cools ok. On mine I relaced the rear intake with a fairly strong sayo denki and it keep everything pretty cool. My son and a friend of his both used this case on their last build and they both love it also.

Here is a pic of mine.

P13.JPG