Blackbird Satellite Recievers

OK, I have only recently heard about the Blackbird Satellite receivers,
and from what I have read, it is what I have been looking for. However,
before I send off almost $400 of my hard earned money for one, can
anyone tell me of their or of a "friend's" experience? I thank you so
much in advance!
--Jim
5 answers Last reply
More about blackbird satellite recievers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    A $100 FTA mpeg2 receiver with $300 pirate software that has been hit
    already. At least the FTA part will always work.
    Mike

    rollee wrote:

    > OK, I have only recently heard about the Blackbird Satellite receivers,
    > and from what I have read, it is what I have been looking for. However,
    > before I send off almost $400 of my hard earned money for one, can
    > anyone tell me of their or of a "friend's" experience? I thank you so
    > much in advance!
    > --Jim
  2. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    "steelblu"@neo.rr.com wrote:

    > A $100 FTA mpeg2 receiver with $300 pirate software that has been hit
    > already. At least the FTA part will always work.
    > Mike
    > rollee wrote:
    > > OK, I have only recently heard about the Blackbird Satellite receivers,
    > > and from what I have read, it is what I have been looking for. However,
    > > before I send off almost $400 of my hard earned money for one, can
    > > anyone tell me of their or of a "friend's" experience? I thank you so
    > > much in advance!
    > > --Jim

    Hi and thanks for responding. However, forgive my ignorance, but what are
    you talking about? What is FTA? thanks!
    --JIm
  3. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    "steelblu"@neo.rr.com wrote:

    > A $100 FTA mpeg2 receiver with $300 pirate software that has been hit
    > already. At least the FTA part will always work.
    > Mike
    > rollee wrote:
    > > OK, I have only recently heard about the Blackbird Satellite receivers,
    > > and from what I have read, it is what I have been looking for. However,
    > > before I send off almost $400 of my hard earned money for one, can
    > > anyone tell me of their or of a "friend's" experience? I thank you so
    > > much in advance!
    > > --Jim

    Hi and thanks for responding. However, forgive my ignorance, but what are
    you talking about? What is FTA? thanks!
    --JIm
  4. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    FTA free to air. Mpeg2 FTA receives unencrypted digital chs on C and
    Ku band satellites. They are compatible with DSS {not DTV or 4DTV} and
    pick up some free stuff. Blackbird is a cheap FTA mpeg2 with a program
    that will unlock nagravision encryption.
    Mike

    rollee wrote:

    > "steelblu"@neo.rr.com wrote:
    >
    > > A $100 FTA mpeg2 receiver with $300 pirate software that has been hit
    > > already. At least the FTA part will always work.
    > > Mike
    > > rollee wrote:
    > > > OK, I have only recently heard about the Blackbird Satellite receivers,
    > > > and from what I have read, it is what I have been looking for. However,
    > > > before I send off almost $400 of my hard earned money for one, can
    > > > anyone tell me of their or of a "friend's" experience? I thank you so
    > > > much in advance!
    > > > --Jim
    >
    > Hi and thanks for responding. However, forgive my ignorance, but what are
    > you talking about? What is FTA? thanks!
    > --JIm
  5. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    the system does work worth the money but you need to have some sort of
    willingness to learn and search to get the best out of it

Satellite TV Home Theatre