Home Page Horror

April 12, 2004 7:31:00 AM

does anyone here know how to get rid of http://www.best-search.info/ as my
home page. It is not as simple as just setting it in Internet Options
control panel. It will just reset itself after I reopen IE. Any known fix
for this particular monster?

thanx

More about : home page horror

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 12:44:54 PM

Hi

Try any/all of the following programs to check for and delete any spyware
that may be on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

--

Will Denny

MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
"JonWayn" <jongunn@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> does anyone here know how to get rid of http://www.best-search.info/ as my
> home page. It is not as simple as just setting it in Internet Options
> control panel. It will just reset itself after I reopen IE. Any known fix
> for this particular monster?
>
> thanx

---
April 13, 2004 2:42:44 AM

"JonWayn" <jongunn@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>does anyone here know how to get rid of http://www.best-search.info/ as my
>home page. It is not as simple as just setting it in Internet Options
>control panel. It will just reset itself after I reopen IE. Any known fix
>for this particular monster?

See "Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your
Home Page Setting" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320159).

--
(tm)
!