slothlust

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
hello, i bought myself a new system, everything was working fine, yesterday i was doing some overclocking, and it was still working fine. untill today i received my sata dvd-drive to replace my old ide drive. so, i opened the case, unplugged the old drive, inserted the new one, plugged it in one of 4 sata connectors on my motherboard, and i turned my pc on, it turned on for 1 sec and turned itself off , which seemed strange, now i turned it on again , and it said "booting up from cd/dvd drive failed" and the boot was on hdd as a primary. ok, so i removed the new drive and placed everything just as it was before. i turn it on and it says the same thing. and when i insert windows 7 dvd, it says it cannot install windows because there are no hard drives. and the sata ports are definitely working. so is it possible that both hdds stopped working at the same time? one of them is fairly new. or am i missing something?

Go back into your BIOS and ensure that the CD drive is number one in the boot order and your primary HDD is number two. Occasionally this can fall out of whack after you install a new drive. If that doesn't do the trick, report back to us.