915PL7AE-8S COMPATIBLE AGP CARDS

altan215

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
can anyone who is using a 915PL7AE-8S mobo tell me what AGP card you are using?

the certified list is pretty short (radeon 9200se, geforce mx400, fx5200, mx4000, fx5700, 6800le, etc). i have an ATI ALL IN WONDER 9800 PRO. was wondering if that'll work?

please let me know if you guys are using any cards that aren't in the certified list.

i was thinking about using my ati aiw 9800 pro in the agp slot temporarily. once i get more money, ill get the pci-e x16 slot filled with a better memory card.

since im short on cash, was wondering if there is anyone out there who uses an agp card that isn't on the certified list? im assuming the list is old, so my card may in fact be compatible? please help on the agp slot!

I'm thinking that AGP slot is really just some linked PCI lanes, so you would get better performance from a modern PCI-E card. In the mean time your 9800 Pro should work, but will likely run slower than it would in a true AGP slot.

altan215

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
yeah, im guessing they just didn't update the QVL cuz it's old and they can't possibly test ALL the cards.

was just worried cuz i never saw a QVL for video cards. do you guys know ppl with this motherboard? what agp cards / pci e cards are they using?