johnni

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
I am uprgading my pc and getting a new PSU along with a ATI HD 4670 (PCI-E). Reading a review of a PSU i was going to buy it staes it has no PCI graphics card connector.
The PSU i am interested in is http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129422
Can someone confirm if it has or has not got the right connector for a PCI card please

That ps has one pci-e connector which should work for your video card. If you can find it, look for a shipping weight for the ps. If it's less than 4 lbs, then you may want to get a better one rated at 600-700 watts. I've used a lightweight no name ps before, and sometimes they fail suddenly with a high end video card. I don't know which brands in europe are the best; in the states, they include antec, enermax, seasonic, corsair, and pc power and cooling.

4 pounds, two kilos. Actually, "by weight" is a pretty good way to buy a power supply.

mi1ez

Splendid
A 500W PSU is plenty enough for a system with that graphics card, and o1die had some good recommendations, many of which are available in Europe. Never skrimp on a PSU!

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

The 4670 requires no power connector, so it doesn't matter whether or not the PSU has one. But the quality does matter, and that one doesn't have it. Get an Antec Earthwatts, Corsair or Seasonic instead.