Sign in with
Your question

My saved items on my desktop are not there

Last response: in Windows XP
May 26, 2011 8:39:17 PM

I had a critical hard drive mass issue and I am not technical but somehow
I was able to seek help and after I run and clean it up , all my programs
and files were gone.
Now I am online but items I saved for my desktop are not showing on my deskptop.

Help....

Thank you..

More about : saved items desktop

May 27, 2011 6:28:37 AM

Welcome to Tom's Forum!

Maybe just the icons have disappeared from your desktop. This happens in XP computers when "Delete unused icons" is selected (I hate this feature myself). The files may be in the Recycle bin. These files can be retrieved and restored to their original location.

Regarding the desktop icons. You can go to "Start ---> Programs" then select program by program and copy the and paste shortcut onto the desktop. Since you are not technical, I strongly suggest that you request someone to personally guide you through this.
m
l
May 27, 2011 5:42:33 PM

elenita said:
I had a critical hard drive mass issue and I am not technical but somehow
I was able to seek help and after I run and clean it up , all my programs
and files were gone.
Now I am online but items I saved for my desktop are not showing on my deskptop.

Help....

Thank you..

Can you post a bit more detail, what issue did you have and what did you do exactly? Did you run a system restore disk? Virus issue? If your programs and files are gone you could have done a restore and deleted all of your old things. In which case you need to try to run a file recovery program like Recuva to try to get stuff back.
m
l
!