Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to merge usb expansion drive with c drive in xp

Last response: in Windows XP
May 26, 2011 8:47:51 PM

Hi everyone, I'm want to extend my hard drive memory by merging or coping the C drive to my Seagate USB Expansion drive 1tb or expand the C drive partition to the USB drive or vice-versa.....will someone help me PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!! I thought i copied the C drive to the USB but i couldnt find the USB anymore afterwords and when i did it was unallocated space.
May 26, 2011 10:09:30 PM

You cannot extend your C: drive to another disk.
Just install any games/software to the new drive and try and tidy up some space on C:

There is a way to install XP on an external disk and make it bootable but it's pretty technical and quite fiddly.
m
l

Best solution

a b \ Driver
May 27, 2011 5:45:49 PM

If you want to expand your C: drive, get a larger hard-drive, use a cloning software to copy your existing setup to that drive, and use the USB drive for backups. From the sound of things though you may want to get someone that knows about computers to help you, with how you explained things in your post you are liable to just delete everything you have.
Related resources
June 16, 2011 9:03:21 PM

Best answer selected by ViXn.
m
l
June 16, 2011 9:11:23 PM

Thanx for the reply guys. I did end up cloning the drive to the external but didn't realize it and ended up getting a NDLR msg for trying to store info on the external. eventually i ended up formatting and taking the external out of the case and installing it inside the cpu as a SATA. Question now is should i leave them as two separate drives or make the tb an SATA/IDE slave to the C drive?
m
l
!