RUNDLL Error Loading C:Blah blah blah

When I turn my computer on it gives me the wonderful
error of "Error loading C:\windows\system32\stlbdist.DLL
The specified module could not be found." I've had this
error in the past on older machines, but its been so long
I don't remember how to get rid of it. Anybody's help
would be greatly apprectiated!

Thanks-
Brandon K.

Brandon;

You have scumware!

BrowserAid
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/BrowserAid.html
=================

First.
Right click the IE icon | Properties | Advanced tab |
Make sure both of these are NOT checked.

Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer)
[[Specifies to automatically download and install Internet Explorer
components if a Web page needs them

in order to display the page properly or perform a particular task.]]
Enable Install On Demand (Other)
[[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web
page needs them in order todisplay the page properly or perform a particular
task.]]

Apply | OK
=================================

Second.
It is known as Scumware. Visit these sites. 1, 2, 3 and 4 are really good.
Download, install, run, update

and run again; one or all. They are all good, FREE utilities.
The first site gives some recommendations.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php?cat=all#s-p

1) Spybot S & D
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

2) SpywareBlaster
SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever
being installed.

3) HijackThis (some other stuff that may be of interest also)
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/index.html

4) CWShredder direct download:
http://216.180.233.163/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

4½) CWShredder
http://majorgeeks.com/download4086.html

5) Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner v1.13
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit

6) ToolbarCop
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm

7) AdAware
===============

Additional information & instructions.
A wealth of information here, boys and girls.

THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827315#appliesto

--