I have a problem starting up Asus Maximus Formula II

I just finished putting a comp together i have a asus maximus formula 2 mobo i checked to make sure everything is plugged in properly and when i press the power button the fans spin for a sec and it shuts down. the LCD poster says POWER OFF
I tried pressing the start button on the mobo and samething happens.
any ideas?

(this is the 4th pc i put together never had any issues before this one)
3 answers Last reply
More about problem starting asus maximus formula
  1. Let me give you guys a little more info... when i turn on the power switch on the PSU the ROG plate lights up and LCD Poster says WELCOME and nothing happens. when i push the power button on the case or the start button on the mobo the fans spin for a sec a few lights come on for a sec and the LCD poster says POWER OFF.

what i tried so far

2 different PSU
    unplugging keyboard mouse and monitor
    unplugging case fans
    removing videocard, audio card, dvd drive & HD
    2 different sticks of ram
    unplugged the case wires

i currently have the CPU & oem cpu fan plugged in 1 stick of RAM and the 2 power plugs (24 pin & 8 pin) on the mobo and still same thing

i didnt move any jumpers around im not that familliar with mobos to start messing around with that

I made sure all the mobo mounting screws are in and there arent any extras underneath

Im totally stumped the only thing i havent done is try a different CPU but i cant see that making a differance

the mobo is a ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA II
    the cpu is a Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz E8400 45nm
    the RAM is 1GB OCZ PC2 8500 5-5-5 @ 2.1v Nvidia SLI ready

I tried going to a local Computer shop and the are asking $100 to check it out because i didnt buy it from them i got everything online

any help would be great

thanks
  2. cl_vr6 said:
    Let me give you guys a little more info... when i turn on the power switch on the PSU the ROG plate lights up and LCD Poster says WELCOME and nothing happens. when i push the power button on the case or the start button on the mobo the fans spin for a sec a few lights come on for a sec and the LCD poster says POWER OFF.

what i tried so far

2 different PSU
    unplugging keyboard mouse and monitor
    unplugging case fans
    removing videocard, audio card, dvd drive & HD
    2 different sticks of ram
    unplugged the case wires

i currently have the CPU & oem cpu fan plugged in 1 stick of RAM and the 2 power plugs (24 pin & 8 pin) on the mobo and still same thing

i didnt move any jumpers around im not that familliar with mobos to start messing around with that

I made sure all the mobo mounting screws are in and there arent any extras underneath

Im totally stumped the only thing i havent done is try a different CPU but i cant see that making a differance

the mobo is a ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA II
    the cpu is a Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz E8400 45nm
    the RAM is 1GB OCZ PC2 8500 5-5-5 @ 2.1v Nvidia SLI ready

I tried going to a local Computer shop and the are asking $100 to check it out because i didnt buy it from them i got everything online

any help would be great

thanks

Try booting up the system out of the case on an non-conductive, anti-static surface (a wooden/plastic desk will do). Also, try clearing the CMOS and leave the battery out for a good 10-20 minutes and see if that yields anything.

There may be a slight chance that your current BIOS version doesn't support you CPU. Do you have the C0 or the E0 version?
  3. Figured it out the processor was NFG. Got it exchanged for another and morks like magic
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Formula Power Motherboards