Sign in with
Your question

I have a problem starting up Asus Maximus Formula II

Last response: in Motherboards
May 1, 2009 6:10:17 PM

I just finished putting a comp together i have a asus maximus formula 2 mobo i checked to make sure everything is plugged in properly and when i press the power button the fans spin for a sec and it shuts down. the LCD poster says POWER OFF
I tried pressing the start button on the mobo and samething happens.
any ideas?

(this is the 4th pc i put together never had any issues before this one)
May 2, 2009 10:31:55 PM

Let me give you guys a little more info... when i turn on the power switch on the PSU the ROG plate lights up and LCD Poster says WELCOME and nothing happens. when i push the power button on the case or the start button on the mobo the fans spin for a sec a few lights come on for a sec and the LCD poster says POWER OFF.

what i tried so far

2 different PSU
unplugging keyboard mouse and monitor
unplugging case fans
removing videocard, audio card, dvd drive & HD
2 different sticks of ram
unplugged the case wires

i currently have the CPU & oem cpu fan plugged in 1 stick of RAM and the 2 power plugs (24 pin & 8 pin) on the mobo and still same thing

i didnt move any jumpers around im not that familliar with mobos to start messing around with that

I made sure all the mobo mounting screws are in and there arent any extras underneath

Im totally stumped the only thing i havent done is try a different CPU but i cant see that making a differance

the mobo is a ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA II
the cpu is a Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz E8400 45nm
the RAM is 1GB OCZ PC2 8500 5-5-5 @ 2.1v Nvidia SLI ready

I tried going to a local Computer shop and the are asking $100 to check it out because i didnt buy it from them i got everything online

any help would be great

thanks
May 3, 2009 12:49:01 AM

cl_vr6 said:
Let me give you guys a little more info... when i turn on the power switch on the PSU the ROG plate lights up and LCD Poster says WELCOME and nothing happens. when i push the power button on the case or the start button on the mobo the fans spin for a sec a few lights come on for a sec and the LCD poster says POWER OFF.

what i tried so far

2 different PSU
unplugging keyboard mouse and monitor
unplugging case fans
removing videocard, audio card, dvd drive & HD
2 different sticks of ram
unplugged the case wires

i currently have the CPU & oem cpu fan plugged in 1 stick of RAM and the 2 power plugs (24 pin & 8 pin) on the mobo and still same thing

i didnt move any jumpers around im not that familliar with mobos to start messing around with that

I made sure all the mobo mounting screws are in and there arent any extras underneath

Im totally stumped the only thing i havent done is try a different CPU but i cant see that making a differance

the mobo is a ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA II
the cpu is a Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz E8400 45nm
the RAM is 1GB OCZ PC2 8500 5-5-5 @ 2.1v Nvidia SLI ready

I tried going to a local Computer shop and the are asking $100 to check it out because i didnt buy it from them i got everything online

any help would be great

thanks

Try booting up the system out of the case on an non-conductive, anti-static surface (a wooden/plastic desk will do). Also, try clearing the CMOS and leave the battery out for a good 10-20 minutes and see if that yields anything.

There may be a slight chance that your current BIOS version doesn't support you CPU. Do you have the C0 or the E0 version?
May 4, 2009 11:41:17 AM

Figured it out the processor was NFG. Got it exchanged for another and morks like magic
!