Aol email contact list

jrpete550

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
aol email contact list stolen. I still have use of my contact list but malware is sending everyone in my contact list a harmful link.

bernaden

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
aol email contact list stolen. I still have use of my contact list but malware is sending everyone in my contact list a harmful link.

I have the same problem. Hopefully someone sends you an answer so I can stop the malware using my contact list too.

Did you run through the guide I posted? And if someone is sending emails to the list from outside your computer, nothing you can do to fix that.

jrpete550

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009

Thanks, looks excellent to me. It will be awhile before I'm able to go through it.

Pete

kathradar

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I am on the receiving end of someone's hijacked AOL contact list. I am no longer in contact with this person, but he still had my email address in his contacts and malware/spyware links are being sent outside his browser to everyone. I already crashed once and contacted him with no reply. He's the type that is probably laughing at this. I have GMail and cannot block his messages, so what can I do?

Plz post a solution, and I will check back for replies. Thank you so much. I even sent him the link here so he can correct the problem, but no response.

kathradar

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011

The one thing I found about gmail accounts is that you can pull up the data and see where the email originated from or the different accounts that are using a particular email address. In an open email, you click on the right hand drop down menu and click 'original', and it will bring up where the message started, and how it changed hands before it got to you. On some of these emails, it changes domain name, email addresses and such sometimes half a dozen times before it hits my box. The only thing I can do is filter them out and send to trash, as I can't stop them.

I'm sure this doesn't help if you don't have an email account with GMail, but set one up, it's free, and you can have your mail forwarded to GMail from AOL, and open it in GMail.

kathradar

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011

The one thing I found about gmail accounts is that you can pull up the data and see where the email originated from or the different accounts that are using a particular email address. In an open email, you click on the right hand drop down menu and click 'original', and it will bring up where the message started, and how it changed hands before it got to you. On some of these emails, it changes domain name, email addresses and such sometimes half a dozen times before it hits my box. The only thing I can do is filter them out and send to trash, as I can't stop them.

I'm sure this doesn't help if you don't have an email account with GMail, but set one up, it's free, and you can have your mail forwarded to GMail from AOL, and open it in GMail.

AOL accounts are hijacked frequently. If you use IE for a browser, try using Firefox, as they do not have the security issues that IE does.