Problems with the Patch

I just took time to download the patch (after all this time... i have no
patience). It took me about two hours, since I'm on a computer that only has
dialup internet. Everything went fine with the download, but now I can't
seem to install the patch. It goes through a couple things, then during
"TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package" installation (or whatever), it quits
and tells me there was an "Error during update installation." I've tried a
couple times, and it keeps doing this. Is there something I can do? Do I
have to redownload the patch?
Pam
8 answers Last reply
More about problems patch

    "Pam" <secretok@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just took time to download the patch (after all this time... i have no
    > patience). It took me about two hours, since I'm on a computer that only
    > has
    > dialup internet. Everything went fine with the download, but now I can't
    > seem to install the patch. It goes through a couple things, then during
    > "TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package" installation (or whatever), it quits
    > and tells me there was an "Error during update installation." I've tried a
    > couple times, and it keeps doing this. Is there something I can do? Do I
    > have to redownload the patch?

    I had this problem and my only solution was to uninstall the game and
    reinstall it from scratch.

    "Gryfallon" <doomdark@hotNOmailSPAM.comTHANKS> wrote in message
    > I had this problem and my only solution was to uninstall the game and
    > reinstall it from scratch.

    this might be a dumb question, but if i uninstall the game, does it delete
    my families?

    Pam wrote:
    > "Gryfallon" <doomdark@hotNOmailSPAM.comTHANKS> wrote in message
    >
    >>I had this problem and my only solution was to uninstall the game and
    >>reinstall it from scratch.
    >>

    > this might be a dumb question, but if i uninstall the game, does it delete
    > my families?

    Not a dumb question. It gives you the option to retain them or not, I
    believe, but don't quote me.

    --
    --Cuth

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:36:07 -0500, "Pam" <secretok@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I just took time to download the patch (after all this time... i have no
    >patience). It took me about two hours, since I'm on a computer that only has
    >dialup internet. Everything went fine with the download, but now I can't
    >seem to install the patch. It goes through a couple things, then during
    >"TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package" installation (or whatever), it quits
    >and tells me there was an "Error during update installation." I've tried a
    >couple times, and it keeps doing this. Is there something I can do? Do I
    >have to redownload the patch?

    If you downloaded and installed a no-blur patch, that will happen.

    If you do have the no-blur patch, we can walk you through how to fix
    the problem.

    BW

    If you are worried about loosing your families make a copy of the
    neighbourhood file they live in. Then, after the re-install delete the
    installed neighbourhood and replace it with yours.

    MM

    > If you are worried about loosing your families make a copy of the
    > neighbourhood file they live in. Then, after the re-install delete the
    > installed neighbourhood and replace it with yours.

    thanks for the help, everyone! i appreciate it, even though i didn't try
    reinstalling the game. i just tried to install the patch again, and it
    worked. odd, i didn't do anything different. off to play now!

    > Not a dumb question. It gives you the option to retain them or not, I
    > believe, but don't quote me.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    You do get the option during uninstall to keep families and delete them.
    -ned

    I had the same thing happen...but because I'm on adsl it was no biggie to
    re download it - and it worked.... but on dial up! I think it is your only
    solution :-/
    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    "Pam" <secretok@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just took time to download the patch (after all this time... i have no
    > patience). It took me about two hours, since I'm on a computer that only
    > has
    > dialup internet. Everything went fine with the download, but now I can't
    > seem to install the patch. It goes through a couple things, then during
    > "TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package" installation (or whatever), it quits
    > and tells me there was an "Error during update installation." I've tried a
    > couple times, and it keeps doing this. Is there something I can do? Do I
    > have to redownload the patch?
    > Pam

Download Video Games