Problems with the Patch

I just took time to download the patch (after all this time... i have no
patience). It took me about two hours, since I'm on a computer that only has
dialup internet. Everything went fine with the download, but now I can't
seem to install the patch. It goes through a couple things, then during
"TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package" installation (or whatever), it quits
and tells me there was an "Error during update installation." I've tried a
couple times, and it keeps doing this. Is there something I can do? Do I
have to redownload the patch?
Pam

"Pam" <secretok@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just took time to download the patch (after all this time... i have no
> patience). It took me about two hours, since I'm on a computer that only
> has
> dialup internet. Everything went fine with the download, but now I can't
> seem to install the patch. It goes through a couple things, then during
> "TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package" installation (or whatever), it quits
> and tells me there was an "Error during update installation." I've tried a
> couple times, and it keeps doing this. Is there something I can do? Do I
> have to redownload the patch?

I had this problem and my only solution was to uninstall the game and
reinstall it from scratch.

"Gryfallon" <doomdark@hotNOmailSPAM.comTHANKS> wrote in message
> I had this problem and my only solution was to uninstall the game and
> reinstall it from scratch.

this might be a dumb question, but if i uninstall the game, does it delete
my families?

Pam wrote:
> "Gryfallon" <doomdark@hotNOmailSPAM.comTHANKS> wrote in message
>
>>I had this problem and my only solution was to uninstall the game and
>>reinstall it from scratch.
>>

> this might be a dumb question, but if i uninstall the game, does it delete
> my families?

Not a dumb question. It gives you the option to retain them or not, I
believe, but don't quote me.

--
--Cuth

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:36:07 -0500, "Pam" <secretok@gmail.com> wrote:

>I just took time to download the patch (after all this time... i have no
>patience). It took me about two hours, since I'm on a computer that only has
>dialup internet. Everything went fine with the download, but now I can't
>seem to install the patch. It goes through a couple things, then during
>"TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package" installation (or whatever), it quits
>and tells me there was an "Error during update installation." I've tried a
>couple times, and it keeps doing this. Is there something I can do? Do I
>have to redownload the patch?

If you downloaded and installed a no-blur patch, that will happen.

If you do have the no-blur patch, we can walk you through how to fix
the problem.

BW

If you are worried about loosing your families make a copy of the
neighbourhood file they live in. Then, after the re-install delete the
installed neighbourhood and replace it with yours.

MM

> If you are worried about loosing your families make a copy of the
> neighbourhood file they live in. Then, after the re-install delete the
> installed neighbourhood and replace it with yours.

thanks for the help, everyone! i appreciate it, even though i didn't try
reinstalling the game. i just tried to install the patch again, and it
worked. odd, i didn't do anything different. off to play now!

> Not a dumb question. It gives you the option to retain them or not, I
> believe, but don't quote me.
>
> --
> --Cuth

You do get the option during uninstall to keep families and delete them.
-ned

I had the same thing happen...but because I'm on adsl it was no biggie to
re download it - and it worked.... but on dial up! I think it is your only
solution :-/
~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269