NTFS: directory Mount on another empty directory from anot..

Hello,

How can I mount in an empty directory from a NTFS partition another
directory,not empty, from other NTFS partition?
Example: I want to mount my D:\Music (D is a NTFS partition) and it
contains all my mp3s files, in c:\Documents and Settings\user\My
Documents\My Music
(C: is a NTFS partition and My Music directory is empty).

Thank you!
2 answers Last reply
More about ntfs directory mount empty directory anot

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:40:08 +0300, "Dima Ciprian"

    > How can I mount in an empty directory from a NTFS partition another
    >directory,not empty, from other NTFS partition?
    > Example: I want to mount my D:\Music (D is a NTFS partition) and it
    >contains all my mp3s files, in c:\Documents and Settings\user\My
    >Documents\My Music
    >(C: is a NTFS partition and My Music directory is empty).

    I'd do it the other way round; point the "My Music" shell folder to
    the real D:\Music instead of some deeply-nested path that's less
    likely to survive in the context of data recovery.

    TweakUI for XP is your friend :-)

    Running Windows-based av to kill active malware is like striking
    a match to see if what you are standing in is water or petrol.

    I resolve my problem with a program junction.exe which can be downloaded
    from here: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/misc.shtml
    (It has even the sources :P)

    "cquirke (MVP Win9x)" <cquirkenews@nospam.mvps.org> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:40:08 +0300, "Dima Ciprian"
    >
    > > How can I mount in an empty directory from a NTFS partition another
    > >directory,not empty, from other NTFS partition?
    > > Example: I want to mount my D:\Music (D is a NTFS partition) and it
    > >contains all my mp3s files, in c:\Documents and Settings\user\My
    > >Documents\My Music
    > >(C: is a NTFS partition and My Music directory is empty).
    >
    > I'd do it the other way round; point the "My Music" shell folder to
    > the real D:\Music instead of some deeply-nested path that's less
    > likely to survive in the context of data recovery.
    >
    > TweakUI for XP is your friend :-)

    > Running Windows-based av to kill active malware is like striking
    > a match to see if what you are standing in is water or petrol.

Configuration NTFS Music Partition Windows XP