NTFS: directory Mount on another empty directory from anot..

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • NTFS
  • Music
  • Partition
  • Windows XP
April 12, 2004 9:40:08 PM

Hello,

How can I mount in an empty directory from a NTFS partition another
directory,not empty, from other NTFS partition?
Example: I want to mount my D:\Music (D is a NTFS partition) and it
contains all my mp3s files, in c:\Documents and Settings\user\My
Documents\My Music
(C: is a NTFS partition and My Music directory is empty).

Thank you!

More about : ntfs directory mount empty directory anot

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 6:25:30 AM

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:40:08 +0300, "Dima Ciprian"

> How can I mount in an empty directory from a NTFS partition another
>directory,not empty, from other NTFS partition?
> Example: I want to mount my D:\Music (D is a NTFS partition) and it
>contains all my mp3s files, in c:\Documents and Settings\user\My
>Documents\My Music
>(C: is a NTFS partition and My Music directory is empty).

I'd do it the other way round; point the "My Music" shell folder to
the real D:\Music instead of some deeply-nested path that's less
likely to survive in the context of data recovery.

TweakUI for XP is your friend :-)

Running Windows-based av to kill active malware is like striking
a match to see if what you are standing in is water or petrol.
April 14, 2004 7:42:42 PM

I resolve my problem with a program junction.exe which can be downloaded
from here: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/misc.shtml
(It has even the sources :p )

!