Office 2003 won't install on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bought an OEM install CD for Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003, bar code ******. When I try to install it on my Toshiba Satellite P505D laptop (AMD 64-bit CPU, WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) no install window comes up and Windows Explorer can't seem to open the CD; the CD drive keeps running and stopping and seeking. When I select the CD drive in Windows Explorer I get a very slow green progress bar across the top; never finishes (it's been at it 30 minutes this time); no install window ever comes up. Rebooting doesn't help.

The same CD installs just fine on a Dell 32-bit desktop running Windows XP Pro 32-bit.

Thought it might be the drive not liking the specific media, made a copy of the CD; does the same weird behavior on my laptop.

Any ideas about what might be going on? I'm reluctant to buy another copy of MS Office until I know it'll install. Could it be an incompatible CD format? I've never had a problem reading any other CD. Some sort of MS copy protection?

The drive shows as a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ880ES ATA Device. Microsoft driver version 6.1.7600.16385. All the latest updates are in for Windows etc.

Thanks!

Solution
It sounds like Win7 doesn't like your DVD-RAM, or the CD media. I would try:

Run>browse>DVD-RAM>setup.exe

If that doesn't work, I'd copy the Office disk to a USB stick, and try using that.

(corrected misspelled words......had probably 20 keyboards in my life, and not one could spell properly!)
It sounds like Win7 doesn't like your DVD-RAM, or the CD media. I would try:

Run>browse>DVD-RAM>setup.exe

If that doesn't work, I'd copy the Office disk to a USB stick, and try using that.

(corrected misspelled words......had probably 20 keyboards in my life, and not one could spell properly!)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.