Screen goes black and gpu fan goes nuts

nman729

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
whenever i start my computer, the screen goes black, and my graphics card fan goes at full power. this happens sometimes when i'm sill in the bios, it happens when im jus browsing the web in windows, or whenever i try and launch a game.

this problem started happening after i installed "call of juarez", so naturally i uninstalled it. the problem persisted. so i did a restore point to earlier that day, i still experienced the problem. i then proceeded to reinstall my graphics drivers and still had the same problem. i then took the overclock off of my processor, and still no luck. i tried everything i can think of so i'm asking you guys for help.

my specs are

asus rampage formula
intel q9450
2x4gb of ocz hpc ram
nvidia 9800gx2(non overclocked model)
windows vista ultimate 64 bit
1x 36 gb raptor drive(with vista on it)
4x 500gb western digital re2 edition drives
generic floppy
generic dvd/cd burner
ultra x3 1000 watt psu
swiftech liquid cooling on the cpu and the northbridge with a 240 mm radiator on the back.

The one I mentioned above (memtest86+) is free. You can download an ISO image and use your burning software to burn it to a CD. You then just boot from the CD and it starts running the RAM test. I'd be sure to let it run for about 8 hours. I've seen RAM pass the first 4 - 5 hours and then fail.

TRENDING THREADS