rishmetal666

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
my usb speed is slow compaired to others. i ve got usb 2.0 port. so can anyone solve me with the problem? i use windows 7 ultimate. core 2 quad Q9550, 4GB RAM.....
--Troubled

Solution
I'm guessing that the speed is of a flash drive? So long as you have usb 2.0, a flash drive's speed should depend mostly on the drive itself. For example, I just took some flash drives I had laying around and tested them. Copying a 128 MB zipped file, and timed with my watch over three runs (I only guarantee my numbers to +- 20%) here are the results.
For a cheap axiom I was given by my college: 53 seconds, or 2.4 MB/S
For a cheap crucial I bought: 38 seconds, or 3.4 MB/S
For a nice Patriot Xporter of my brother's: 9 seconds, or 14 MB/S

And all on the same netbook, running linux mint 8. So you see that it all depends on the drive you have.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I'm guessing that the speed is of a flash drive? So long as you have usb 2.0, a flash drive's speed should depend mostly on the drive itself. For example, I just took some flash drives I had laying around and tested them. Copying a 128 MB zipped file, and timed with my watch over three runs (I only guarantee my numbers to +- 20%) here are the results.
For a cheap axiom I was given by my college: 53 seconds, or 2.4 MB/S
For a cheap crucial I bought: 38 seconds, or 3.4 MB/S
For a nice Patriot Xporter of my brother's: 9 seconds, or 14 MB/S

And all on the same netbook, running linux mint 8. So you see that it all depends on the drive you have.

Solution