Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Erase all??

Last response: in Storage
June 12, 2010 5:10:18 PM

I just wanna get rid of all info on my drive and start over fresh. How do do this??

More about : erase

a b G Storage
June 12, 2010 5:14:10 PM

This calls for a re-format. If this is the system drive, windows should give you an option to format the drive somewhere in the install process. If it is just a data drive (i.e., without windows) you should be able to format it from the disk management utility. Right click on the drive and there should be the option. I think that if you right click on the drive in My Computer it might also give you the format option, but I'm not sure.
m
l
June 12, 2010 6:27:11 PM

elel said:
This calls for a re-format. If this is the system drive, windows should give you an option to format the drive somewhere in the install process. If it is just a data drive (i.e., without windows) you should be able to format it from the disk management utility. Right click on the drive and there should be the option. I think that if you right click on the drive in My Computer it might also give you the format option, but I'm not sure.

I just want to get rid of the info that is on there and put vista ultimate on the drive
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
June 12, 2010 6:33:28 PM

I think that the act of installing will wipe the drive - not so it cannot be recovered with the right tools (though you can't count on recovery), but so that it will not show up or bother you.
December 15, 2010 9:22:26 PM

Best answer selected by seanny.
m
l
a b G Storage
December 15, 2010 11:40:51 PM

Glad to help :) 
m
l
!