(Sims1): problem!

Hi

First off, much (much MUCH) belated thanks to those who helped out with
my 'employed parent looking after baby' problem (which you've all
probably forgotten but that's not the point!). Was much appreciated :)

Anyway, new query.

I've recently bought a new computer (and stupidly didn't realise that
it didn't have a decent video card for Sims 2 - which is sitting
uselessly in my drawer until I can be bothered getting a card. D'oh.)
So in the meantime I reinstalled Sims 1 and all the expansions up to
Superstar.

Now for the most part it plays wonderfully - so much smoother than my
old computer, up until now, where with 2 families so far the speed
suddenly dies after a good deal of playing. Normal speed does nothing
at all and ultra speedy speed goes a little slower than Normal when
it's working properly. Going into another family (say, the Goths which
I haven't really played as much) straight after seems to work ok)

The first family was the McDonnell family, 2 adults, 3 kids, no pets,
while the second family (Babcock) was one adult and 2 cats, both
families lived in pre-built houses (all of a sudden I can't stand how I
build houses - an architect I am not). The McDonnells had gone on a
couple of vacations, and Leah Babcock was well on her way to becoming a
Superstar.

Any ideas? Or any more info needed?

Oh, and speaking of the Goths of Sims 1, I was wondering how much
interaction sims can have with ghosts? Occasionally when the ghosts
walk through Bella, Mortimer, Cassandra (or their new cat Clytaemnestra
or new daughter Helen), the sim in question will get a 'spooked' action
in their cued actions, but they don't really seem to react to it.

Phew! Man I can get wordy when I want to.

Cheers

~*~
Katrina Pipinis
"In case of fire, RUN! Or, if you're a Sim, stand around screaming
until you burn to death."

"vecki" wrote
> Now for the most part it plays wonderfully - so much smoother than my
> old computer, up until now, where with 2 families so far the speed
> suddenly dies after a good deal of playing. Normal speed does nothing
> at all and ultra speedy speed goes a little slower than Normal when
> it's working properly. Going into another family (say, the Goths which
> I haven't really played as much) straight after seems to work ok)

One question:
Is there a butler in the house when this happens?

caroline wrote:
> "vecki" wrote
> > Now for the most part it plays wonderfully - so much smoother than
my
> > old computer, up until now, where with 2 families so far the speed
> > suddenly dies after a good deal of playing. Normal speed does
nothing
> > at all and ultra speedy speed goes a little slower than Normal when
> > it's working properly. Going into another family (say, the Goths
which
> > I haven't really played as much) straight after seems to work ok)
>
> One question:
> Is there a butler in the house when this happens?

For Leah Babcock, yeah. Although she now seems to be working well, no
more slowing down. For the McDonnells, I can't remember but I don't
think so.

~*~
Katrina Pipinis
"I'm lost."

"vecki" wrote

> caroline wrote:
>> "vecki" wrote
>> > Now for the most part it plays wonderfully - so much smoother than
> my
>> > old computer, up until now, where with 2 families so far the speed
>> > suddenly dies after a good deal of playing. Normal speed does
> nothing
>> > at all and ultra speedy speed goes a little slower than Normal when
>> > it's working properly. Going into another family (say, the Goths
> which
>> > I haven't really played as much) straight after seems to work ok)
>>
>> One question:
>> Is there a butler in the house when this happens?
>
> For Leah Babcock, yeah. Although she now seems to be working well, no
> more slowing down. For the McDonnells, I can't remember but I don't
> think so.

I used to have something similar happen occasionally, but only ever when the
butler was in the house. You'd find him hovering up and down on the same
spot. The only way I could get out the 'go-slow' was to use the
'moveobjects_on' cheat and delete him.

TRENDING THREADS