Jun 12, 2010
Hello,

Specs

i7 920
GTX 280
Asus P6t motherboard
6gb ram

128gb Nova SSD

I installed Win 7 64 to the 128gb Corsair Nova (AHCI) and it went fairly smooth (it seemed to hang a bit) to complete the installation I had to restart for it to do the final bits. When i restart it says windows is starting up and then it just goes to a black screen. It stays that way forever. The monitor light is still on like it is getting input but its just black. So i tried doing it in safe mode and i saw a new screen of windows completing installation and then it says it can't complete in safe mode and goes back to the same problem. Anyone know what is wrong or what I can do?

The SSD is the 1st boot priority

I would say that the first installation didn't complete successfully for whatever reason. I would start again fresh, meaning once in the install delete the partition, re-create it, format it and then install. This time give it as long as it needs within reason. If it goes on for more than an hour for instance, then something else is wrong. My guess is you restarted it before it was finished. Also you are not overclocked are you? If you are, I would put everything back to default and then try the install.

robeezy

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
II tried reformatting the drive in win7 through my copy on my HDD and then I tried to reinstall and got the same problem. I am overclocked, not sure why that would make a difference but I will give it a shot.

Overclocking can cause all sorts of issues with installation. Sometimes it can throw out the SATA bus. Or it could be hanging during some hardware detect sequence, you just don't know. Anytime you are having weird problems, first troubleshooting step is, if you are overclocking return everything to default. It may not be your problem, but it's the easiest thing to eliminate, and if it is the problem you don't waste hours trying to fix a problem you yourself created.