Can I Upgrade the processor of HP Compaq dx6120 MT

I am using HP Compaq dx6120 MT(PL926AV).

Info:
Main Board: Hewlett-Packard 09CCh
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Hewlett-Packard 786C2 v01.06 04/05/2005

Now my question is,

Is there any way to upgrade my processor and VGA to a standard level so that I can play GTA-4 or other latest game.

It will be vary helpful if I get a concrete answer.

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrade processor compaq dx6120
  1. Your best bet is to contact Compaq support to find out what your PC can be upgraded too.
    You realise this is a "business class" PC, right?
    That means it was NOT built with playing games in mind.
    Very doubtful you can do much with it, it is an old 915G chipset with a Pentium 4.
    You do have a PCIe slot, so you could upgrade to a low-end PCIe graphic card, one that your Power Supply could support. It would help a "little" over the onboard graphics.
    Bottom line, if you want to play the latest games, it ain't going to happen on this system.
  2. jitpublisher said:
    Your best bet is to contact Compaq support to find out what your PC can be upgraded too.
    You realise this is a "business class" PC, right?
    That means it was NOT built with playing games in mind.
    Very doubtful you can do much with it, it is an old 915G chipset with a Pentium 4.
    You do have a PCIe slot, so you could upgrade to a low-end PCIe graphic card, one that your Power Supply could support. It would help a "little" over the onboard graphics.
    Bottom line, if you want to play the latest games, it ain't going to happen on this system.

Thanks A lot for helping me to decide. I was thinking to save money by upgrading my existing PC. Now I know I Can't .

Thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Hewlett Packard Compaq Processors