Sign in with
Your question

Pc Upgrade

Last response: in Motherboards
May 3, 2009 5:01:19 AM

Friends,
which one of the following is better for video editing & graphic design?
1) GA-EP45C-DS3R
2) MSI P45 Platinum

I'm a newbie so I've lots of confusion If I buy any one of these two,( or u may suggest others) which Ram(ddr2),Processor(core2duo) & graphics card should I buy (budget = 25000 max)

Is it OK to buy a ddr2 compatible mob or should I go for one that support both ddr2 & ddr3? cooling solution is also a concern because my current CPU (p4 3.06ghz) just get restarted often due to over heating (weather condition not overclocking)

More about : upgrade

a c 95 V Motherboard
May 3, 2009 4:57:28 PM

I doubt there would be much difference between those two boards as they both have the P45 chipset. (guessing they do because of the model number.) I'd probably get the Gigabit board myself, though if the price is right there isn't anything wrong with the MSI board.

I wouldn't get a board that supports both DDR2 and DDR3. I've used boards in the past that support more then one ram type, its never gone well.
Related resources
May 4, 2009 2:19:19 AM

Thanks friend,
you solved my ram problem,
actually in some review I noticed that ---- MSI p45 plat has a nice cooling system & two PCI Express graphics expansion slots, each offering speeds of x16 and x8, along with a maximum 16 GB memory support for DDR2

but there I found today another competetop Asus P5Q e delux
& Asus P5Q delux

Final thought on these 3 P45 plat/ asus P5q delux/ asus p5qe

My budget is 25000/- Inr Rs. (for mob + ram+cpu+gfx card)

a c 95 V Motherboard
May 4, 2009 4:36:10 AM

Again, they all have the same P45 chipset, so get whichever has the features you want/need, or fits in your budget.

I'd give you ideas on what to buy, but I don't know the prices where you live, whats available in your area, and what your needs are. What you need for gaming is different then what you need for Photoshop/video work.
May 4, 2009 7:06:48 AM

Thanks friend,
you solved my ram problem,
actually in some review I noticed that ---- MSI p45 plat has a nice cooling system & two PCI Express graphics expansion slots, each offering speeds of x16 and x8, along with a maximum 16 GB memory support for DDR2

but there I found today another competetop Asus P5Q e delux
& Asus P5Q delux

Final thought on these 3 P45 plat/ asus P5q delux/ asus p5qe

My budget is 25000/- Inr Rs. (for mob + ram+cpu+gfx card)
a c 95 V Motherboard
May 4, 2009 7:52:54 AM

? Well I'm about ready to move on...
May 4, 2009 9:32:57 AM

Sorry for same reply.

I'm from India (Kolkata - West Bengal)

I want to run these software ( CorelDraw.Illustrator, Photoshop, adobe Premiere, After Effects, Flash, toon boom studio, combustion, Sound forge, 3d Max & Maya, Auto Cad) & Play games like (Prince of Persia 2008, Soldier of Fortune 2, Brian Lara 2009).

Actually I am learning Multimedia & I do some freelance graphic design & video Editing job . . . & U know today with a pc you can't say I won't play games on it, Its only for my Work. . . . though l'm not a hard core gamer ( You can understand from the game names I mentioned before)

for almost 2 & half week I'm searching for a mother board that just fit to my needs, because at present with my P4 machine (support maximum GeForce FX 5950 ultra graphix card, 2gb ddr ram) I'm facing a lots of trouble.

At present MOB CPU & RAMs are major concern to me. & I can spend 25000/- INR for them.....
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2009 10:37:57 AM

Yes prices are so much different there I can't be much help. You obviously need a quad core CPU. AMD Phenom II 940, 955, Intel Q9550... those are good prices usually.

A P45 board for the Intel quad is fine. Gigabyte is good. See if you can get one of these two:

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R - Single PCI-E slot
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Crossfire board

Do not get DDR3 versions or use DDR3 RAM, as there is no benefit.

If you can get an AMD for less, look for a 790GX board.

And don't cut corners on the power supply. Get a quality Corsair or PC Power and Cooling or Seasonic.
May 4, 2009 12:30:09 PM

Allright Billamama, here you go:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 920 10975

Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI 5775

Graphics Card: Palit nvidia 9600GT - Smart 5000

RAM: 4GB g Skill or kingston or transcend 2500

PSU: Tagan TG500-U37 3375

Total: ~Rs. 28000

If you need a hard disk, add this

WD 500GB or 640GB. 3000

And, also visit these websites for prices:
www.lynx-india.com
www.theitwares.com

Although, I must say that a budget of 25K is too less for your applications. Stretch it a little to accomodate a better GFX card ( at least a palit nvidia geforce GTX 260 for about INR 11000).

Hope it helps
May 5, 2009 1:42:36 AM

Thanks to all of you guyz (Proximon, hellraiser06,4745454b) Thank You very much, this forum helped me a lot long live Tom's Hardware :) 
!