P5q does not boot

macrophage

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Hi I built a system with P5Q Pro, Intel q6600, Corsair 4gb, XFX 8600GT, 500GB Seagate and Vista Ultimate. Everything was working fine till today when decided to install Expressgate. When I restarted the computer after installing ExpressGate, I got error messege that expressgate is not installed. I checked the menu. It said that expressgate with work on s SATA drive set to IDE. I went into bios and changed the HD from ACPI to IDE. Pressed F10. Nothing happened. I am sitting infront of a black screen and cannot even enter the bios. What could have gone wrong and what are my options here. I would appreciate if you could help me out of this problem.Thanks a lot.

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Thats really strange man. May sound silly but did you actually have ExpressGate enabled in bios when you were installing it? By default it would have been enabled, but you should have this error message out of the box i think, that was the case with my p5q-pro. Try clearing CMOS and start from scratch. But i also see people saying that connecting different drive instead of the one you installed EG on will allow you to go into BIOS and disable EG there. Good luck!

macrophage

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Thanks MaDMagik. System is working fine now, but without Expressgate. I had to clear the CMOS to go into BIOS and then disabled the expressgate. I do not know what went wrong. I wish to experience the expressgate, but I think I have to resist my temptation. May be there is better way to install expressgate. I installed it just like any other software.

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
No problem man, Im glad I could help. As for EG install I did the same as you, installed it like anything else but for me it worked fine. The only thing i can suggest is maybe try installing it again, now that you have sata in ide mode, because if I understand it right you installed it with sata in ACPI and switched to IDE after you installed EG? I cant tell wheteher it will make any difference but even if it goes tits-up again you now know how to go back :)