how it works

Any good sites that detail the artifical intelligence of the Sims, theory
of the game etc? We are wanting to do a similar simulation for a college AI
course.

thanks

teranews wrote:
> Any good sites that detail the artifical intelligence of the Sims, theory
> of the game etc? We are wanting to do a similar simulation for a college AI
> course.
>
> thanks

What AI??? Those morons wave at you that they have to pee, and they're
standing five feet from a toilet. My hamster is smarter.

--
--Cuth

teranews waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!)
- tried again and came up with:
> Any good sites that detail the artifical intelligence of the Sims,
> theory of the game etc? We are wanting to do a similar simulation
> for a college AI course.
>
> thanks

Your best bet is to contact Maxis/EA directly.

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

"Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
> teranews waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!)
> - tried again and came up with:
>> Any good sites that detail the artifical intelligence of the Sims,
>> theory of the game etc? We are wanting to do a similar simulation
>> for a college AI course.
>>
>> thanks
>
> Your best bet is to contact Maxis/EA directly.

I doubt if the Sims do use AI under the meaning of the act. Just a list if
IF THENs. 8(

Would be lovely if they actually learned?... Like 'this is YOUR bed,' and
'After you go wee-wees, what have I always told you to do next?'

Howsoever, if the program did contain what we all wanted it would come on a
lot more than 4CDs - and costa bomb.

Granny.

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

>if IF THENs. 8(
>
> Would be lovely if they actually learned?... Like 'this is YOUR bed,' and
> 'After you go wee-wees, what have I always told you to do next?'

They do learn what bed is theirs apparently. I read somewhere that after
being instructed to go to the same bed repeatedly they would choose that bed
themselves and that certainly seems to be the case for my sims.

Gareeth

It always seemed that Sims 1 Sims learned. I had some Sims that would do
their whole morning ablutions all by themselves, not right from the
beginning, but after you'd made them do that sequence.

'Course this could just be another delusion on my part, but it seems, that
everytime an AL program is 'improved' the graphics go up and the AI goes
down.

:'(

MM

> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>if IF THENs. 8(
>>
>> Would be lovely if they actually learned?... Like 'this is YOUR bed,' and
>> 'After you go wee-wees, what have I always told you to do next?'
>>
> They do learn what bed is theirs apparently. I read somewhere that after
> being instructed to go to the same bed repeatedly they would choose that
> bed themselves and that certainly seems to be the case for my sims.
>
> Gareeth
Baw! Mine must be really dim then. Or perhaps things are going on behind
my back. Parents repeatedly crash out in the teenager's beds rather than
walk to the end of the passage to their own room.

<memo must check relationship points> Perhaps they have had a row? But for
so long???
Teens out on the town, BTW. Come home and sleep on the sofa. What a family.

Granny.

Jay&B wrote:
> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:sMMLd.4466$8B3.100@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> >
> > "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >>A lot my my children seem to like sleeping in their parents 'big'
bed.

> >> Best wishes
> >> Maxon
> >>
> > Yes, some of mine, too. But I have/have had houses where the
parents
> > just grab the nearest available bed each time.
> > I will have to plan the rooms better.
> > Waking them up and telling them to go to their double bed didn't
seem
> > to sink in. No AI there from what i could tell. 8(
> >
> > Granny.
> >
> Yeah & they told us sims in Sims 2 would be smarter? Hmmmmm
>

> ...........B

I think they'll opt for the bed w/ the higher comfort/energy score. If
I have multiple sims in a family, I try to use the same bed. They
learn pretty quick which is theirs.

deb

Gareeth wrote:
> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>if IF THENs. 8(
>>
>>Would be lovely if they actually learned?... Like 'this is YOUR bed,' and
>>'After you go wee-wees, what have I always told you to do next?'
>>

> They do learn what bed is theirs apparently. I read somewhere that after
> being instructed to go to the same bed repeatedly they would choose that bed
> themselves and that certainly seems to be the case for my sims.

It isn't for mine. I have to keep telling various parents NOT TO SLEEP
IN THEIR KIDS' BEDS, and to sleep with each other. Some Sims just don't
seem to like to sleep with one another very much, even though their
relationship level is at or near 100.

--
--Cuth

"deb@whoknew.com" <darby1002003@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I think they'll opt for the bed w/ the higher comfort/energy score. If
> I have multiple sims in a family, I try to use the same bed. They
> learn pretty quick which is theirs.
>
> deb

yes! I noticed that in the past. I am afraid I just click on the second best
bed for all my Sims. 8(
Single size included.
No imagination, or rather, no patience when it comes to furnishings.

Granny.

On 1/31/05 6:35 PM, in article 367tmbF4tt5lrU1@individual.net, "Gareeth"
<Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> if IF THENs. 8(
>>
>> Would be lovely if they actually learned?... Like 'this is YOUR bed,' and
>> 'After you go wee-wees, what have I always told you to do next?'
>>
> They do learn what bed is theirs apparently. I read somewhere that after
> being instructed to go to the same bed repeatedly they would choose that bed
> themselves and that certainly seems to be the case for my sims.
>
> Gareeth

Uh, yeah, dogs can do that too.
Barb

I wondered if anyone else thought the same way I did:)
I don't think it would be AI though. Like someone else said, it is loads of
conditional statements and possibly class inheritance it seems like anyways.
Especially as far as Sims 2 is concerned with hereditary. I would think
anyways. I'm only beginning OOP so...