Sign in with
Your question

Update bios amd phenom ii x4 955 still running at 800mhz?

Last response: in Overclocking
May 21, 2010 9:07:27 PM

this is driving me crazy.. i have a n68-s mobo with amd phenom ii x4 955 running at 800mhz!!
i have updated my bios but i everytime i try to increase the multiplier thing above x 4 with the voltage above 1.025 i cant boot.. it is really annoying me there are no forum post online that address this issue (sorry if i sound rude). my friend who knows a bit more than me about these things is saying its not cool and quite (i have changed power settings to performance) and updating the bios should have done the trick.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me crazy..

cheers

ps. i have been online for over 6 hours now without finding any useful info. please help me!!
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
May 21, 2010 11:40:25 PM

Well your Phenom II X4 955 should be running at 800MHz on idle because of Cool 'n' Quiet, try running Prime 95 and see if the speed goes up back up with 100% full load.
February 12, 2011 1:54:33 PM

I had the same issue with my 955 BE running at 800 mhz. Don't know what was wrong with cool'n'quite but by disabling it didn't lock my cpu to idle. I didn't try updating bios but i don't trust cool'n'quite anymore so i don't care that much as long as the cpu isn't restricted by it. When its off it runs at X16 multiplier and with the stock heat-sink my temps are fine. If it was enabled and i manually adjusted the multiplier to default x16 it kept frying my battery on my 790fx-gd70. Don't know much about the battery on the mobo but i assume it works as a fuse too, blowing before any other harm could be done.
a c 138 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 241 K Overclocking
February 12, 2011 3:36:19 PM

nottzbulldogg said:
this is driving me crazy.. i have a n68-s mobo with amd phenom ii x4 955 running at 800mhz!!
i have updated my bios but i everytime i try to increase the multiplier thing above x 4 with the voltage above 1.025 i cant boot.. it is really annoying me there are no forum post online that address this issue (sorry if i sound rude). my friend who knows a bit more than me about these things is saying its not cool and quite (i have changed power settings to performance) and updating the bios should have done the trick.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me crazy..

cheers

ps. i have been online for over 6 hours now without finding any useful info. please help me!!

I think this limitation TDP , Your mobo n68s have 95 TDP and phenom ii x4 955 have 2 version 125W and 90W (this from japan), check your cpu box TDP. If you have 125W not working
!