Which woudl you recommend?

ombadboy

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Building a new rig, and am looking into RAM modules atm..

I've decided to go for 1600MHz, since my budget cant go beyond that, so am looking at the options i got.

Kingston Hyper X (KHX12800D3K3/6GX)
OCZ Gold (OCZ3G1600LV6GK)
Corsair XMS3 (TR3X6G1600C8G)

which of the 3 would you recommend? (and why if possible)

tnx alot

PCSoul

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
OCZ and Corsair both have latency of 8-8-8-24, while Kingston is 9-9-9-27.

Corsair appears to have superior heatsinks on paper.

Price is a wash because there all close to each other.

All have limited lifetime warranty.

It comes down to what your motherboard recommends and what you like. I think I would go with the Corsair myself, but any of them would most likely be fine.

ombadboy

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Considering any overclocking, would that change anything?

Am leaning more towards the Corsair to be honest, but the article on the website, comparing different RAM Modules (even though they were comparing Kingston 2000 vs Corsair 1866 and the rest 1600, didnt show much hope in corsair OC, even if it was the dominator)

correct me if am wrong

PCSoul

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
For overclocking most of the reviews I have seen seem to lean towards OCZ as having a little more headroom. You also have to remember a little of this is just dumb luck. If you get a really good batch anyone of these could be better than the other on any given day.

This link is just one I that found quickly. I seen others that give about the same results.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=174&Itemid=1

I personally have used Corsair in my last 3 systems with no problems. My friend uses OCZ and is just as happy with it.

ombadboy

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
ive noticed in some other benchmarks the crucial ballistix are the best for OCing, but if am not mistaken they're much more expensive than the 3 listed above right? Cant seem to find loadsa places that sell them either (UK)

TRENDING THREADS