Sims 2 -- Is there any way to..

install the same house over and over?

Hi! I created a house and I want to use it as several different sims house
instead of having to rebuild it over and over. Is there anyway to do this?
Thanks in advance.

Keri

Keri wrote:
> install the same house over and over?
>

> Hi! I created a house and I want to use it as several different
sims
> house instead of having to rebuild it over and over. Is there
anyway
> to do this? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I do that all the time. The trick is to just copy the file in
the lot catalog and give it a new name. The trick is finding which
house.

If you look in \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog folder,
there's a bunch of files named

cx_000000xx.package, with xx being a number from 01 to 99. Those are
the houses.

What I do, is move the house to the lot bin. Then exit. The latest
file in the Lot Catalog folder wold be the house you moved into it.
So just copy that one.

If it was cx_00000020.package, then just copy it and name the new one
cx_00000021.package (or whatever number is free).

Sort of a pain, but easier than doing each over and over. I usually do
them in batchs of 5 at a time, and copy them to another folder. Then
when I use them up in the game, I copy them back into the lot catalog.

I used the 'package lot' option and saved it to a file and was able to use
the house over and over. You just have to load the package before you start
the game. Hmm.. I'm not real techie as you can probably tell so I hope this
explanation helps.
"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> Keri wrote:
> > install the same house over and over?
> >

> > Hi! I created a house and I want to use it as several different
> sims
> > house instead of having to rebuild it over and over. Is there
> anyway
> > to do this? Thanks in advance.
>
> Yeah, I do that all the time. The trick is to just copy the file in
> the lot catalog and give it a new name. The trick is finding which
> house.
>

> If you look in \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog folder,
> there's a bunch of files named
>
> cx_000000xx.package, with xx being a number from 01 to 99. Those are
> the houses.
>

> What I do, is move the house to the lot bin. Then exit. The latest
> file in the Lot Catalog folder wold be the house you moved into it.
> So just copy that one.
>
> If it was cx_00000020.package, then just copy it and name the new one
> cx_00000021.package (or whatever number is free).
>
> Sort of a pain, but easier than doing each over and over. I usually do
> them in batchs of 5 at a time, and copy them to another folder. Then
> when I use them up in the game, I copy them back into the lot catalog.

Yeah I just go into downloads and copy it to another folder in my documents
then rename it... copy and rename it. For example if it was called
Arnotts... just call it Arnotts2 Arnotts3 etc., Then double click and
install it back into your game.

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

Mazz wrote:
> I used the 'package lot' option and saved it to a file and was able to use
> the house over and over. You just have to load the package before you start
> the game. Hmm.. I'm not real techie as you can probably tell so I hope this
> explanation helps.
> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
>
>>Keri wrote:
>>
>>>install the same house over and over?
>>>

>>>Hi! I created a house and I want to use it as several different
>>
>>sims
>>
>>>house instead of having to rebuild it over and over. Is there
>>
>>anyway
>>
>>>to do this? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Yeah, I do that all the time. The trick is to just copy the file in
>>the lot catalog and give it a new name. The trick is finding which
>>house.
>>

>>If you look in \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog folder,
>>there's a bunch of files named
>>
>>cx_000000xx.package, with xx being a number from 01 to 99. Those are
>>the houses.
>>

>>What I do, is move the house to the lot bin. Then exit. The latest
>>file in the Lot Catalog folder wold be the house you moved into it.
>>So just copy that one.
>>
>>If it was cx_00000020.package, then just copy it and name the new one
>>cx_00000021.package (or whatever number is free).
>>
>>Sort of a pain, but easier than doing each over and over. I usually do
>>them in batchs of 5 at a time, and copy them to another folder. Then
>>when I use them up in the game, I copy them back into the lot catalog.

==
That's what I do and it works very well.
Package your lots by clicking first on the family button while in the
neighborhood screen, then click on the house you want and you will see
an arrow with an * to the left, click that, choose save to file, then
you can find your packaged lot in your 'packaged lots' folder...just
double click and it's added to your bin. As many times as you double
click is equal to the number of copies of that house you will have in
your bin.
Your house current house will not leave the lot when you package it.