Any new GPU intensive game on the Horizon?

Veesofnaught

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Now that there are GPUs that are basically bringing all of the new games out there to their knees, is there a game that is coming out or is being worked on that will push limits like Crysis did?

I just finished reading the GTX 295 SLI article on Tom's today and it looks like upgrading is pretty pointless because it's just pushing the same games to faster frame rates even though they are plenty "playable" with much lower frame rates with much cheaper cards.

G

Not really anything I see on th horizon that will be a show stopper like Crysis was (is!).

I think now is a good time to upgrade other components you may have been holding off on (ie: new PSU, case, MOBO).

Otherwise just save your money till Q4 09 and wait to see what is out by then.

I have a 2 9800GTX in sli setup and have recently played FC2, FO3, Dead Space, COD5, Mass Effect, and more and I had everyone cranked to max without any issues at all, so I may as well hold on to my (old) cards until I "need" to upgrade.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008

It's less optimized though... I never liked GTAIV, (it was a step back from GTASA in some ways) but the PC version seems to be super crappy.... some people can't even start the game due to (i don't know- it's just completely messed for some people)

Some people who play crysis at medium-high settings @ say 1440x900 need to bump down their resolution in order to play GTAIV with still a much less graphically sexy gaming experience than crysis.

If an 8800GT/9600GT can't run your game at decent settings that are on par or better than consoles- something is wrong with the cheap-crappy console-porting job you did.