Ocz platinum or corsair dominator?

I need to get some ram for my i7 rig and not sure whether to get
Corsair XMS3 Dominator TR3X6G1600C8D 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 8-8-8-24 Core i7 Memory Kit
$209 CANADIAN.

or
OCZ Platinum OCZ3P1600LV6GK 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL 7-7-7-24 Triple Channel Memory Kit
$124 CANADIAN.

I plan on overclocking, my board is EVGA x58 (not classified).

Thanks

which would be better for overclocking? thanks alot
3 answers Last reply
More about platinum corsair dominator
  1. Well both are good for overclocking...
    Get the OCZ platinum and save some money and they have lower timings than the Dominator...
  2. Dominator is nice, and the quality is second to none, but you definitely pay a premium for the name. For what it's worth, mine runs at better than stock timings at stock voltage, but even so, it's only worth it if you are willing to spend the extra money for build quality, without any other guaranteed benefits.

Honestly, just for value for the money and for the rated speed, I'd go with the OCZ. I definitely have somewhat of a soft spot for Corsair Dominator though, as I have had great experiences with it. I've never used a set that does not overclock beyond stock speed at stock voltage, and it always has excellent quality. Despite that, however, there is definitely a price disadvantage to it, and it cannot make up for this price disadvantage through speed alone.
  3. Alright then, OCZ it is, thanks alot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Platinum DDR3 Intel i7 Corsair Dominator Product