Sign in with
Your question

Will pix firewall work with windows 7

Last response: in Toms Network
March 12, 2010 5:30:20 PM

Hello,
I've upgraded a few of my networked PCs to win 7. Others are XP. Web browsing is not working well on win 7 PCs. Many sites will not come up but others will. I have a cisco pix 506 firewall. It seems that is the issue as I've tried other browsers and have the same problem. Also I can get access via my aircard, but not from behind the firewall with the win 7 PCs. Any ideas? Do I need to adjust my PIX settings? Thanks!
September 20, 2012 9:45:56 PM

snbaker said:
Hello,
I've upgraded a few of my networked PCs to win 7. Others are XP. Web browsing is not working well on win 7 PCs. Many sites will not come up but others will. I have a cisco pix 506 firewall. It seems that is the issue as I've tried other browsers and have the same problem. Also I can get access via my aircard, but not from behind the firewall with the win 7 PCs. Any ideas? Do I need to adjust my PIX settings? Thanks!

I know it has been a while but did you ever figure out how to configure your PIX to work with Windows 7? I am having issues with Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 loading facebook.com. Other sites come up. windows XP and Windows 2003 all work fine.
!