ox1574

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
I just installed my new ATI HD4870. Problem - The video shows up via DVI when the machine posts and starts to boot up to windows. Then it will stop sending a signal to DVI port. S-Video works fine. I am running Vista x64 will all the latest ATI drivers installed. Any ideas what is causing this? Thanks in advance!

ox1574

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
Video works when using the generic windows video driver, but when I install the catalyst driver and reboot this issue comes back.

What monitor do you have? Try the VGA cable instead of the DVI cable. Does the monitor support HDCP? My buddy has this problem, his 26" monitor does not support HDCP so he has to use a vga cable.

Kari

Splendid
what monitor are you using? you seem to loose signal/picture when the drivers default settings kick in, maybe the rez or frequency is out of bounds for the screen to display.

try booting into safe mode, change the settings, and boot back to windows. the display settings should stick...

ox1574

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
I am using a Dell 2001FP monitor. I boot to safe mode and turn the resolution down to 1024x768 just to make sure, then boot back into windows and it goes out right have the green Vista bar runs across the screen. You can hear the audio so it is up and running, and I can RDP to it just fine.

marshmellow1991

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
Had this problem on my computer. the solution is to go into CCC, go under digital panel attributes, and check/uncheck "reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays.

ox1574

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
I can get it to work with the default Vista driver through DVI, but right after installing ATI drivers and rebooting I get this issue. I'm just saying I won't be surprised if it does the same thing. I sure hope I am wrong though.