3-way SLI Bridge with 2 9800 GTX+'s

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
i just purchased my second 9800GTX+ card to setup 2-way SLI. My question is will using the 3-way SLI Bridge help with data transfer between the two 9800GTX+'s, or will it not even work?

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Well according to Nvidia, using a 3-way SLI Bridge with a 2-way setup will have double the data transfer speeds between the two GPU's versus the 2-way SLI Bridge. Quoted Directly from Nvidia Customer Care

" Hello Corey,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

This is Matiuj and I will be assisting you with your query. I understand from your email that you would like to know if you can use 3-way SLI Bridge with a 2-way setup.

Yes, you can use 3-way SLI Bridge with a 2-way setup, its compatible. You will get double the data transfer speeds between the two GPU's.

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Matiuj
NVIDIA Customer Care "

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
no it doesn't I did that, then changed and I got the same results in Crysis, COD4, Half life 2 and 3dmark06.

Thats a load of bull plop.

Nvidia also told me that the 285 GTX is way faster than the 280 GTX, which to me 10% here and there isn't WAY faster, they always exaggerate.

I can tell u that it doesn't make a difference, but you can try it out if you want.

The only reason I used it is to cover up both parts of the card.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
yea i didnt really believe them either, i just wanted to share with the community. I agree that there is no performance increase, the only reason im using it is because a) like you said, it looks better, and b) because i feel it is a more stable way to make sure the video cards dont move around. thank you though for the input on your personal experience between the 3-way and 2-way sli bridge

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
looks better? wtf? a bit hanging off the end of the second card just... hanging there?

what would happen if you used two 2 way SLI bridges though? :O

G

i think they mean a three way bridge will work just as a two way bridge does and you will get double transfer speeds from the sli which is the case from using the two way bridge for sli... makes no difference jus looks worse