HD Playback - Sudden Restart

tryst1

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Hi,

I am experiencing a problem in HD playback on my HTPC as it is restarting randomly on HD playback

My system specs are as follows:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Processor: AMD X2 6000+
RAM: 2 X 1GB KINGSTON (800 MHz)
Drive: LG - HDDVD/ Bluray Combo (GGW-H20L)
PSU : Antec Veris 430W
Software:
Power DVD Ultra 7.3.5105
Codec: Core avc v 1.9, halli Media Splitter, ac3

The mkv rips are playing fine but whenever i am trying to play hd or bluray, the machine restarts randomly or the video is stuttered and pixelated. The core temperature are 41 and 53 degree centigrade for core1 & core2 respectively.The cpu usage varies between 30 - 70%

Please provide your valuable suggestions. The board has got ATI Radeon Graphics 3200 and is shown as "Unknown" in BD Advisor.Do i need a graphics card for this problem?

Thanks

tryst1

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
I am using power dvd ultra 7.3 for hd and bluray playback. Updated the catalyst driver to 9.4. and downloaded both the chipset and audio drivers from gigabyte

I presume coreavc is used for hd rips in mpc cause powerdvd has its own codec. But still the stutter and shutdown continues. I even used Arcsoft TMT but to no avail.Please advise.

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
What operating system are you on? Different OSes have different software problems.

But if it's a hardware problem, then it doesn't matter. I would download Prime95, Memtest, and ATItool to test your processor, RAM, and video chipset.

tryst1

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Hi,

I have changed my processor from to 5200+ and everything is running fine with the same set up. The core temeperature is 19 degrees. I presume 6000+ had temperature and higher power requirements. Thanks to all for your kind advise and help in the hour of need.

Thanks again

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I had 7.3 just bought 9 ultra yesterday, some Blu-ray files still only play with commentary tracks. Have Nero 9 same thing on BD files. I have ANYDVD HD to create the files from HD discs. Samsung Duo HD player model BD UP-5000 $599.00 a stand alone home theater unit that i have had for about a year has never failed to play any Blu-ray or HDDVD title i own or rented with 2 firmware upgrades. Its picture is excellent and has all the outputs 5.1 audio outs, HDMI, Optical, Digital coaxial, S video and Component video. I have it connected to my monitors 2nd HDMI input. In my opinion for watching HD media on disc there is no better way to view them.