ASCLT.EXE

April 13, 2004 1:57:21 AM

My desktop icons freezes at start-up. I found out from
the processes running that the asclt.exe is the main
cause of freeze. How can I delete this process and stop
it from restarting again at start-up.
Thanks.

More about : asclt exe

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 10:59:40 PM

You can use msconfig to prevent it from launching at startup:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560

I would also suggest running a virus/spyware scan:

For a virus scan, see:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/windowsxp/ant...

Some of the companies that provide Spyware or Adware removal programs
include:
- Javacool Software - For more information, visit the Javacool Web site
at: http://www.wilderssecurity.net/specialinfo/rapidblaster...
- Lavasoft - For more information, visit the Lavasoft Web site at:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
- Pest Patrol - For more information, visit the Pest Patrol Web site
at: http://www.pestpatrol.com/
- Spybot - For more information, visit the Spybot Web site
at: http://www.safer-networking.org/

The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that
are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or
otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

!