ocky88

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Hello guys not sure where to post this so I am going to assume/hope I am in the right place.
I built my own rig have for the last 6 years or so how ever on this one i made the leap to getting a Samsung 40 inch LCD, part of the A630 series.
Specs for computer are as follows:

AMD Phenom 9950 BLACK EDITION quad core
MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX
2 x ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M in CROSSfire.
8 gigs memory
XFI platinum
WD raptor 150 gig, 2 TB Samsung drives NOT RAIDED out yet
1000 watt PSU

BLUE RAY: LG ggc-H20L
DVD rom: LiteOn LH-20a1s

Duel monitors: In extended mode
Samsung 40 LCD 630seris
DELL 2405FPW

using DIRECTX10
Using powerDVD, VLC, Windows Media player, Media center, and Nero Showtime

K, I think I got all the need to know information out there. Oh all firmware and drivers updated, same as software for each program I use. Now on to the problem. Like I said I jumped to the using and LCD as a monitor. Like it, getting to love it, but it can turn to hate soon if i can't figure this out. When playing back DVDs, BLUEray using any the above mention software, on the 40 inch LCD, it is like the movies are playing just a tad too fast but not enough to effect the audio. Just really noticeable and annoying especially when they do camera angles changes in the movies, or when the actors are just moving around. Also happens on AVI and other video formats. It is like a mild fast forward and by mild I mean the movies still play right with audio being in sync just that it is going to fast. Anyone have ever seen this problem before or know about it? How do I go about fixing it?

When I choose to use my dell for play back none of the issues happen what so ever even if i pull the program and drag it to the dell desktop that is in extended mode.