Intel CPU and Motherboard compatibilty

tH3N3WGU7

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I'm curious if a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard would be compatible with an Intel Xeon X3370 Yorkfield 3.0GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Server Processor. I have researched their FSBs and they can run at a frequency of 1333Mhz. The motherboard has others it can at it's max is 1333Mhz and is the same rate as the Xeons frequency, also the motherboard can run quad-core chip sets. The LGA is the same as already indicated. I'm positive even though the CPU is a server CPU type that it will fit and run on a desktop motherboard. I'm I correct or is this impossible?

tH3N3WGU7

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I want to build a 3d work station I can afford and this deal I found would be great if it could work. I've heard that Xeons are excellent for rendering in 3d animations in benchmark tests. Also the L1 and L2 cache, the FSB transfer, and the overall power is something I need. The motherboard has done brilliance in benchmarks test with 3ds max and autodesk (maya). They board is cheap, the processor is actually a good deal as well for its price. It's kinda of to good to be true though. I think their something up with that.

Zenthar

Distinguished
1st Try ton contact Gigabytes and ask them, sometimes they can be helpful.
2nd It's not impossible that it would work, I'm running a Xeon E3110 on a P35-DS3L...
3rd If it works, you will see no improvements over a Q9650, the low-end Xeons are only rebranded Core 2s with, perhaps, a bit more quality control.

tH3N3WGU7

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009

I see, putting it that way the price for this processor makes sense. thanks for the input guys.