Where is the console launcher in taskbar?

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I recently uninstalled my creative audio drivers and installed the new ones that were given this month. The installation went good but now the console launcher in the taskbar is missing. Does anyone know if that is supposed to happen with the new driver? Is there a fix?

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention that I have Vista 64 and Titanium fatality sound card.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
For some reason the Console Launcher doesn't actually load on startup with the new drivers, and it doesn't create a shortcut either. If you used the default installation path you can find it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Console Launcher\ConsoLCu.exe"

It won't give you the taskbar icon but it loads the console. Put a shortcut on your desktop and put up with it.

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
That sucks. The worst part about it is that I can't even go back and install the old one. If I try it will tell me that I have a newer version already installed. I used driver sweeper and CCCleaner to uninstall all drivers before installing new ones.

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I figured it out. All you have to do is install the earlier Console launcher first than the newer one. The problem is that the new console launcher does not include the volume panel.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
For volume, sure, but the console launcher is an easy way to get into all the niceties the card has - equaliser, input monitoring, EAX, crystaliser, etc. etc. etc., it's a very useful program.

Toovs

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Hi

Just signed up to say a big thanks to Ragsters. I've been banging my head about this one and Ragststers simple fix works. Cheers m8 ;)

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007

I appreciate it.

Thanks

PHANTA5M

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Hi guys,
This post helped me figure this one out, and I wanted to share; You DON'T NEED TO INSTALL THE OLDER LAUNCHER FIRST :D Just extract the Console Launcher 2.60.29 (CSL_PCAPP_LB_2_60_29) file to a folder (perhaps using PeaZip) and in it you will find a folder named "VolPanel", containing the setup for the missing taskbar icon and features discussed.

I added this as it's faster and easier than installing the old, then new drivers. Especially (if a fresh install) having to uninstall the new ones, then install the old, then reinstall the new.

Thanks again to the OP, and I hope my addition can contribute for new readers.

- Phantasm

ashlann

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009

Extracted VolPanel using WinRAR, ran contained 'setup.exe' - stop error occurs.
My sys: XP Pro, XtremeGamer, Console Launcher 2.61.09

Error: I-001 'one or more unresolved issues'

Otherwise, this method looked perfect.

Any ideas?

Famin3

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
You have to extract ALL the files/folders from CSL_PCAPP_LB_2_60_29.exe as the VolPanel installer relies upon files from different folders (CTshared I think). Works perfectly then!

ashlann

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009

Yes, that's what I did. Extract them all, then ran the setup.exe inside VolPanel. No good.

MikeO89

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I also had this issue when I installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. This forum was informative cause I didn't know the latest version didn't contain the Creative volume control panel applet. I still had the previous 2.60.29 version so I opened it with Winrar and extracted the "VolPanel" folder. I then opened it and clicked on the "setup.exe" and got the same error as above part way through the install. I then did it the way the other poster said which was to extract the ENTIRE "2.60.29", THEN open the "VolPanel" folder inside there and clicked on the setup.exe that way. That time the install went all the way through with no errors. Asked for a reboot, I did so and "Bam" got my creative Volume Control Panel Applet back in the Taskbar! Glad I searched and got this forum or I still wouldn't have it. I really liked the function of that applet and now I'm sure glad I have it back. Dunno what the hell Creative was thinking not including it in their last app.

TRENDING THREADS