TS2 Wallpaper Site

Hey All,

I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently on a
subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding whether
to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you think.
The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from the
wallpaper designs. :) The link is
http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html

Thanks for your feedback.

Chris

Here's to you having a long and happy career with Sims 2.
However, I do have a couple of questions.
How much bandwidth does your host provide?
I mean per day/month. Sims sites tend to eat bandwidth for breakfast :)

"Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently on a
> subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding
whether
> to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you think.
> The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from the
> wallpaper designs. :) The link is
> http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html
>

> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> Chris

"Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently on a
> subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding
> whether
> to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you think.
> The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from the
> wallpaper designs. :) The link is
> http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html

I really liked quite a few of them and cannot wait to see how they look in
my game. I tried making wallpaper myself but I was horrible at it so thanks.
I really don't like the ones that came with the game so this is great.

Gareeth

Well, on my personal site is 20GB/mo. I could up it to 30GB per month if it
becomes necessary. I think their highest package has 40GB/mo. I know that
it's too much if it's a wildly popular place (which would be just so amazing
to me).

What do you think is a good average availability per month on BW?

Chris

> Here's to you having a long and happy career with Sims 2.
> However, I do have a couple of questions.
> How much bandwidth does your host provide?
> I mean per day/month. Sims sites tend to eat bandwidth for breakfast :)
>
> "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Hey All,
> >
> > I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently on
> > subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding
> whether
> > to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you
think.
> > The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from the
> > wallpaper designs. :) The link is
> > http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html
> >

> > Thanks for your feedback.
> >
> > Chris

Well my site (when I had a sims site) ran about 45+ gigs a month, so I would
say get as much as you can.
Also, check to see if your host has a daily bandwidth limit.
I eventually just joined up with LIU as hosts kept shutting me down.

> Well, on my personal site is 20GB/mo. I could up it to 30GB per month if
it
> becomes necessary. I think their highest package has 40GB/mo. I know that
> it's too much if it's a wildly popular place (which would be just so
amazing
> to me).
>
> What do you think is a good average availability per month on BW?
>
> Chris

> > Here's to you having a long and happy career with Sims 2.
> > However, I do have a couple of questions.
> > How much bandwidth does your host provide?
> > I mean per day/month. Sims sites tend to eat bandwidth for breakfast :)
> >
> > "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > Hey All,
> > >
> > > I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently
on
> > > subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding
> > whether
> > > to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you
> think.
> > > The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from
the
> > > wallpaper designs. :) The link is
> > > http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html
> > >

> > > Thanks for your feedback.
> > >
> > > Chris

Good call. I never thought about the daily bandwidth limit. I'll check it
out. :) Thanks for the advice.

Chris

> Well my site (when I had a sims site) ran about 45+ gigs a month, so I
would
> say get as much as you can.
> Also, check to see if your host has a daily bandwidth limit.
> I eventually just joined up with LIU as hosts kept shutting me down.
>
> "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Well, on my personal site is 20GB/mo. I could up it to 30GB per month if
> it
> > becomes necessary. I think their highest package has 40GB/mo. I know
that
> > it's too much if it's a wildly popular place (which would be just so
> amazing
> > to me).
> >
> > What do you think is a good average availability per month on BW?
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> > > Here's to you having a long and happy career with Sims 2.
> > > However, I do have a couple of questions.
> > > How much bandwidth does your host provide?
> > > I mean per day/month. Sims sites tend to eat bandwidth for breakfast
:)

> > > "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> on
> > > whether
> > think.
> the

"Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently on a
> subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding
> whether
> to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you think.
> The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from the
> wallpaper designs. :) The link is
> http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html
>

> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> Chris

Okay. Positive and negative feedback on just the site...
I loved the page. Big fonts. No need to expand in Firefox. Colours/layout
pleasing to the eye.

I gave up and left after looking at just a few walls (which I liked) because
size of the graphics were large.
For a dial-up browser, your site is rather slow.

Granny Crabapple.

Chris O'Malley wrote:

>Hey All,
>
>I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently on a
>subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding whether
>to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you think.
>The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from the
>wallpaper designs. :) The link is
>http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html
>

>Thanks for your feedback.
>
>Chris

I really like them, I've bookmarked the site and I'll be d/loading
later, well done.*round of applause*

---Sandra

Thanks for the feedback ya'll. :) Granny, I didn't think about graphic size
(and I apologize). I'll see if I can come up with smaller graphics this
weekend. :)

Chris

"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Chris O'Malley wrote:
>
> >Hey All,
> >
> >I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently on a
> >subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding
whether
> >to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you think.
> >The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from the
> >wallpaper designs. :) The link is
> >http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html
> >

> >Thanks for your feedback.
> >
> >Chris
> >

> I really like them, I've bookmarked the site and I'll be d/loading
> later, well done.*round of applause*
>
> ---Sandra

Some fantastic walls there Chris...keep it up :))

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

Chris O'Malley wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've created a site with nothing but Sims2 wallpaper. It's currently on a
> subdomain of mine, but I wanted to test the response before deciding whether
> to register a domain or not. Please take a look & tell me what you think.
> The site design is rather plain, but I didn't want to take away from the
> wallpaper designs. :) The link is
> http://www.chrisomalley.net/dulcewalls/dulceindex.html
>

> Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I haven't been there yet, but here's my feedback: never apologize
for "plain" sites. Mnay of us prefer them to "fancy" web pages that are
hard to navigate and take long to load, and often have many errors in
the coding since they're so complicated. Even the Maxis site has gotten
too cutsie for its own good, I think. When I go to a web site, I just
want the information or materials there. I don't need to be entertained
with all sorts of unncessary graphics just so the creator can show how
many useless bells and whistles s/he can throw on a screen.

If I want to see stupid graphics on my screen I'll watch the local news,
thank you. :)
--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Well, I haven't been there yet, but here's my feedback: never apologize
> for "plain" sites. Mnay of us prefer them to "fancy" web pages that are
> hard to navigate and take long to load, and often have many errors in
> the coding since they're so complicated. Even the Maxis site has gotten
> too cutsie for its own good, I think. When I go to a web site, I just
> want the information or materials there. I don't need to be entertained
> with all sorts of unncessary graphics just so the creator can show how
> many useless bells and whistles s/he can throw on a screen.
>
> If I want to see stupid graphics on my screen I'll watch the local news,
> thank you. :)

Having now been to the site and made some downloads I'll say it's very
nice looking and functional without all the silly bells and whistles of
java and jive and flash and flip and flop and shoobiedoobie and it
doesn't require MegaShockplayer 5.1 Gold Edition to run, thank God.
Keep up the good work.

I have to disagree with Granny who said the site was slow on a dial up.
I have a dial up too and found it much faster than, say, Maxis' site,
which takes years to load with all the animations and graphics. Either
GC is having connectivity problems or an MTV attention span. It took me
15 seconds to download a page--I timed it. And that was with another
page from another site loading in the backgound.

--
--Cuth

> Thanks for the feedback ya'll. :) Granny, I didn't think about graphic
> size
> (and I apologize). I'll see if I can come up with smaller graphics this
> weekend. :)
>
> Chris

No need to appologise! I just wag the flag for us poor dial-uppers.
I once posted a mega picture by accident. 8((((

But I did love your lay-out.

Granny.

> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> I have to disagree with Granny who said the site was slow on a dial up. I
> have a dial up too and found it much faster than, say, Maxis' site,

EVERYTHING is faster than the Maxi site.

> which takes years to load with all the animations and graphics. Either GC
> is having connectivity problems or an MTV attention span. It took me 15
> seconds to download a page--I timed it. And that was with another page
> from another site loading in the backgound.

Just goes to show, doesn't it?
There is little point in any dial-up user saying 'I can do it in...' because
it varies so much from hour to hour.
Had I checked the site at say.. 5:30 in the morning, my usual download time
of day, I dare say I wouldn;t have commented on the speed.

Granny

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> Just goes to show, doesn't it?
> There is little point in any dial-up user saying 'I can do it in...' because
> it varies so much from hour to hour.
> Had I checked the site at say.. 5:30 in the morning, my usual download time
> of day, I dare say I wouldn;t have commented on the speed.

Wow, I don't get that much variation. I was on at 10AM.

--
--Cuth

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> Just goes to show, doesn't it?
>> There is little point in any dial-up user saying 'I can do it in...'
>> because it varies so much from hour to hour.
>> Had I checked the site at say.. 5:30 in the morning, my usual download
>> time of day, I dare say I wouldn;t have commented on the speed.
>
> Wow, I don't get that much variation. I was on at 10AM.
>
> --
I get masses! Honest. It can vary between 48K at a good time when the UK
and US are all asleep... well, mostly... And something awful like 7K on
Friday evenings, Sat, and most of Sunday unless there is a major soccer
match on the TV.

Well, you know what I mean. ( I gave up downloading an AVG update this
norning at ten because the speed fell like Icarus.)
Also, the first week after a new uni year starts in September is MURDER. All
those new students getting a free account and no restrictions. 8)

Granny. I really would like broadband, but am still smoking.

Chris O'Malley wrote:
> Good call. I never thought about the daily bandwidth limit. I'll check it
> out. :) Thanks for the advice.
>
> Chris

>>Well my site (when I had a sims site) ran about 45+ gigs a month, so I
>
> would
>
>>say get as much as you can.
>>Also, check to see if your host has a daily bandwidth limit.
>>I eventually just joined up with LIU as hosts kept shutting me down.

Anybody ever tried these guys? http://www.powweb.com
*Sounds* good. I'm probably going to sign up with them myself, if I
ever get around to putting my website together.

--
Donna