Ga ep45 ud3p MB Lan problems

Augusto

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I have a new build with a ga ep45 ud3p MB and I can't get the onboard lan to work correctly. I can connect but I have to repair the connection all the time. My download are also very slow, I am using XP and have 4g of Ram.

Any ideas?

Solution

Did you install the chipset and lan drivers from your motherboard?
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2919&ost=xp#anchor_os

I've hard problems where the network doesn't work to well without the chipset drivers.

Also check bios and make sure the lan is set to full duplex. You could also try loading the failsafe defaults if you want.

sdsurfer01

Distinguished
May 6, 2009

Did you install the chipset and lan drivers from your motherboard?
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2919&ost=xp#anchor_os

I've hard problems where the network doesn't work to well without the chipset drivers.

Also check bios and make sure the lan is set to full duplex. You could also try loading the failsafe defaults if you want.

Solution

ibhunting

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
I've got the same problem. I have literally tried about everything including updated bios, drivers.
Re-installed windows xp too, to no avail.
Got a tech Query into Gigabyte, hopefully they will reply.

metamorphosis

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

Make sure C4/C4e is turned off in bios - this causes intermittent cutouts on ethernet if no significant activity is occuring on the ethernet/PCI bus.

ibhunting

Distinguished
May 29, 2009

I really thought it was my gigabyte board, but when I replaced my dlink 4300 gaming router with a
D-link 655 router, all my problems went away. Picked up my transfer speed as a bonus.
Can't recommend this router enough.

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I have the same board.
Not had any problems.

However there is a 'LAN Power Saving' setting in the BIOS, make sure this is disabled (it turns off the network clock when idle to save power, waste of time and could be causing your issues).

By default, the C4E as above will be turned off, only C1 is enabled by default.

But as above, make sure you're running the latest drives in Windows. I didn't have to worry because I used 7, and the built in drivers are great, but with XP you may need the latest Gigabyte drivers.

Hav0k

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I'm using the same motherboard, and I just loaded Windows 7 a few weeks ago. I haven't been able to get my ethernet to work at all either (I have a separate wireless card that works). I've downloaded the newest drivers (Windows also recognizes them as up to date), but there is an error with everything I do. Windows can't figure out what it is to troubleshoot or even give me any kind of info. I'll double check my BIOS settings, but I had no problem with my mobo on XP.

bilbat

Splendid
MS has 'dished out' a broken driver update for the RealTek LAN chip recently. Load 7006.1023 driver from RealTek here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
There is also a comprehesive diagnostic there, on the same page, and is damned handy - but - you want to be careful with it; I'd recommend setting a restore point before installing, so you can get a complete uninstall - it puts in ringzero components you really don't want 'lingering' in your machine afterwards - and using something like RevoUninstall doesn't hurt either:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revosetup.exe

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Weird, I never had LAN driver issues with 7 on the EP45.
Must've gotten lucky. I am having sound issues though ("Audio device was disconnected" in Windows Media Player, have to reopen files occasionally).

G

Ok
I just spent 12 hours on the LAN issue. Neither one worked. I updated to the newest MS drivers, stood on one foot, howeld at the moon while naked, jumped around 3 times and said there's no place like home. So I did everytihg including refomrating and reloading XP.

Just as I was about to "kick the cat" at 12.09 midnight. I saw the suggestion to load failsafe. Well hell, it worked. Not sure why yet, went into Hardware propereties and I'll be damned all the hardware was showing up with no yellow fingers, i mean exlimation points, flippping me off.

So try it...... I just hope the issue is completely gone.. and I am setting a restore point as we speak.

Hope this helps.

XP service pack II
Asus PCIe
e7500
4 gigs Corsair

nothing else.

TD

tentimes

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
I just wanted to add that after 4 days of trying EVERYTHING I decided to load the fail safe defaults like someone else said. It worked! After booting with the failsafe (with just SATA changed so drives would boot) the LANs both became working again.

I just thought I would post this as a follow-up in case anyone else has this problem. Seems loading failsafe defaults is the ONLY thing that will fix it.

NB After that I went back to BIOS and set my usual settings.

ldcrewe

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
None of this worked for me. Then I noticed that the McAfee Antivirus was on the computer without the update. I uninstalled it and that was all it took. Try uninstalling your firewall or antivirus software. You can always put it back later.