Uncle's new computer: can't connect to the internet

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Hey,

My uncle asked me yesterday if I could pass by to look at the new computer he bought.
Well, I don't know that much so I'm going to ask you guys what I should do to detect the problem.
In about houres I'm going there so please tell me what things I should check, what are the possibilities and what things I have to do.

He bought a new desktop and I think he has wireless internet, and the problem is he can't get on the internet.
I don't now much about the problem, because I've not been there yet, so I want to know what I should do when I go there, because I will not have internet to help me.
So what are the possibilities?

-he has no wireless card in his computer?
-something else?

And what thinks do I have to do in order to check what the problem is? How do I see if he has such a card??

Thanks!!!

BigBurn

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Maybe he needs to install the drivers for the internet thignie (sleepie can't remember the name XD) happened once to me when vista didn't have the realtek drivers already.

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Owk,
or could it be possible his desktop just hasn't got anything to connect wireless?? or is it integrated in like every modern desktop??

Thanks!!