computafool

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
HIYA
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE OUTHERE HELP
I BUILD MY FIRST COMPUTER USING A ELITEGROUP GS7610 ULTRA MOTHER BOARD
WHE I POWERED UP IT WORKED
THEN I TRIED TO LOAD VISTA HOME EDITION
THAT WHEN MY TROUBLE STARTED AS I PUT THE CD IN IT STARTED LOADING THEN A NOTICE CAME UP SAYING THAT
FILE CORRUPT AND CANT LOAD
I THEN EJECT THE CD
NOW WHEN I REBOOT ALL THAT COMES UP IS
BOOTMGR is missing
Press ctrl+alt-delete to restart
I have done a lot of reading but cant find a solution to loading a different OS i now want to use XP Pro
Please can someone Help Me

THANKS COMPUTAFOOL

serpent1202

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Here's what you do. Go into your system bios when the computer first starts. Usually by hitting DEL, but sometimes you have to hit F2 or F10 or F11 is you have a manufactured PC like a dell or hp etc.

Once in the system bios, you need to look for Boot Sequence, it might be labeled Primary boot device or something similiar. You'll usually find this option in one of the first 2 menu's at the main bios screen.

Change this option to make it so it boots from the CD-ROM first. Once you do that, insert the windows XP disc, then hit F10 to save & exit bios.

Your CPU will restart and once it posts it will say, Press any key to boot from CDROM, do so.

From here, I would search google for fresh xp setup guide. You will find lots of step by step screenshots on how to do it. I could list, but its too much typing. Good Luck

agree with serpent

If you have a sata drive you might have to load SATA drivers before you load windows .

If all that fails get a windows 98 floppy disc , change the boot order to floppy first and boot from that
Eventually it will load to a flashing A:/ prompt

type FORMAT:C and hit enter .

Once the format is complete then try installing XP again .

And stop yelling . Its not impressive you have a caps lock on your keyboard