Semi-Random Freezing/BSOD

shysilencer

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Here are all of my specs:

Antec 900 Chasis (case)
Rosewell 550Watt PSU
EVGA nForce 780i SLI motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor @ 3.2GHz (overclocked)
Zalman 9700 Heatsink
(x2) BFG Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512MB (XX SLI) (overclocked)
ATI TV Wonder 550 (PCI BUS)
3 GB RAM Ballistix Tracer. timed at 5 5 5 15
500GB Western Digital Hard Drive
250GB LG Hard Drive
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit*
Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit*
*I have dual boot, vista is on my 500Gb hard drive, Xp on my 250Gb.
LG GGC-h20l Blu-Ray Drive/DVD/CD optical drive
(x2) Cold Cathode Lights
22" Westinghouse Widescreen Monitor
Logitech X540 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Copperhead Gaming Mouse
Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphones

System Analysis:

Temperatures: (Speed Fan & BIOS monitor readings)
CPU 28-45 (min-max load)
GPU 56-75 (min-max load) *usually one GPU is cooler.

-All motherboard, graphics, hardware related drivers are up to date.
-Both Hard Drive Diagnostic Tests came back clean.
-MemTest came back ok.
-Have checked for malware, spyware, viruses multiple times; this has happened a little after building computer. And right when i wiped both hard drives and did a clean install.

I believe my cpu voltage in the BIOS is the only one that is not on default, and is set to a voltage of 2.0.
Some clues on what my computer has been doing, that might help is that it always freezes/BSOD when i set my computer to sleep mode and wake it, this usually can take anywhere from 3-10 mins after waking computer up. I've been having random freezing/bsod both in vista and xp. This occurs randomly, i can be playing high-end games or just surfing the web. Computer can go a month or two without crashing or days. I had the problems w/ freezing/Bsod before/after reverting back to stock speeds. The graphics cards came overclocked stable from BFGtech; and either way, i had a 7100GS and 8600GTS that were stock and still had problems with crashing.

And as far as BSOD's i've been keeping track. :D here are the one's i've received, thus far.
-116, 1000008e, 0fc, 024,

That's pretty much it, any help would greatly GREATLY be appreciated! :D

^ Did you increase RAM voltages? The Tracers usually need 2-2.1v. Again get a good PSU that could be a reason (Seriously, you should get a quality PSU since you are doing SLI; I recommend Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, OCZ,Antec)

shysilencer

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
First, a correction; my CPU Voltage was set to 1.40 NOT 2.00. It was actually my RAM voltage that was set to 2.00. Now, I went out and got a Zalman 850 Watt Power Supply, and so far I've still gotten the BSOD after waking up from sleep mode; do you think this might be a Motherboard defect now? The STOP Message i'm getting after waking up from sleep mode is 'STOP 124'. I believe this is an nForce SATA problem, but my motherboard's drivers are up to date. Again, I appreciate all the help that i've been getting. Thanks! :D