Sign in with
Your question

Phenom 1090t what temp do I read O.o

Last response: in Overclocking
May 25, 2010 3:38:34 AM

I have a Phenom 1090t oced to 4ghz using a Corsair H50, orignally I thought I was fine and then noticed I was looking at core temps (which report 28c idle, 50c load) however my "CPU TEMP" reads much higher, 60c+, which one do I use to monitor, the CPU or the Core? If it's the core them I'm fine..if it's the CPU then isn't 60 too much on a stress test?

More about : phenom 1090t temp read

May 25, 2010 7:07:59 AM

this is a know issue for the Thubans that Core Temp is giving out wrong temperature readings, the actual temp is much higher

Core Temp is showing me lower temps than ambient, which is impossible considering i'm on air.

generally take whatever temperature Core Temp is giving you, and add +10C
m
l
Related resources
May 25, 2010 3:16:23 PM

Ok...so I can't accurately oc to core temp...can I to my CPU temp? What's the max for that then? I find it quite odd because idleing on win7 it shows 40-41c idle constantly, but in bos CPU temp reads 35c idle...I can't imagine I'm actually 40-41c when using an H50 with a 1.45v....I should also say that when I did the stress test, I have my bios set to throw a warning @ 60c...Everest reported the CPU temp at 65, and my motherboard did nothing, so these may be different readings..

I.E. @ 1.45v I'm getting 41-43c reading via cpu temp, if I drop it down to 1.42 on 4ghz, around the same, maybe a 1-2c drop. My core temps are reading 28c, which is around 83f while the apt is 70-73f, dosen't that seem more accurate?

My cores are not going ambient, and I don't have any of that cool n quiet stuff enabled...just ettting worried because my CPU Temp, is saying basically that my computer is running to hot when doing a stress test...way higher than others who have the H50 and this processor oced to 4ghz....

Also, if I'm correct the "CPU TEMP MAX" is 72c, (Tjun) and the core temp max is 62c?
m
l
May 25, 2010 4:27:00 PM

what motherboard are you using? my crosshair IV came with Asus Pc Probe II, it gives you an accurate overclocking temp.

also you could use AMD Overdrive (for monitoring).

I get that too, the temp of the cores shows low, but the CPU temp shows what the temps should be. I was told to go by the CPU temp and not the temp of each of the cores.
m
l
May 25, 2010 4:47:50 PM

Well then somethings wrong...because there are people volting their x6s to 1.5 on this cooler and I'm only doing 1.45 and its going over 60c for the cpu temp...
m
l
a b À AMD
a c 83 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 26, 2010 1:45:54 AM

rpaulg87 said:
Well then somethings wrong...because there are people volting their x6s to 1.5 on this cooler and I'm only doing 1.45 and its going over 60c for the cpu temp...

It doesn't matter what temp someone else gets, a coolers effectiveness is based off its ability to cool the chip compared to the ambient temp. Where you live, your room temp, and case air flow play major roles in how well the cpu cooler will actually work.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 26, 2010 2:39:18 AM

rpaulg87 said:
I don't know about all that, all I know is that the H50 is a poor cooler:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/h50-fort120-cogage,...
m
l
!