Long booting time because waiting

laci

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Hi All,
Just builted a new PC with an Asus motherboard P5QL-E with 2.6 Gb processor 2Gb memory.
After the BIOS checking and before the Winndows start can see the kernel on the left up corner
about 30 seconds.
What can be the reason to fix it?
Thanks in advance
laci

G

Asus p5q series has an inordinately long boot time

if you wanted a fast boot you should have gotten a newer gigabyte board

I for one didn't know about this, as its not something you can find easily, until i already had it

And its quite annoying for me since i have an SSD drive and expect fast boots, but it still takes like a minute... so i'm gonna sell my SSD drive for the cheap (its got other issues) and get a normal one with lots more space

The P5Q series can boot as fast or faster than the Gigabyte. Setting a long delay for IDE drive detection, scanning IDE and SATA ports that have nothing connected to them, etc. will increase the delay before the system starts booting. While it might be annoying, it doesn't need to be fixed.

My P5Q Deluxe is ready to boot within a few seconds, which is faster than the one with a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard.

laci

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
..thanks for all.
The "problem" not in the motherboard. It is just the setup of the bios, hardware setting or not made a good format.
Was good to see that happenng but the TAB (><) button to push not make any sense to him and tried to push it in some phases in some boots.
what you mean "POST" exactly?
thanks,
..Hapy Christmas whom has it.
laci

If you see a full screen logo when the system starts up, then pressing Tab will display what you would normally see if you didn't configure the system to display the full screen logo at POST (Power On Self Test, i.e., what the system goes through before booting the OS or entering the BIOS). The system is either waiting for something or it is configured to wait for several seconds when detecting the drives, it tries to boot from the network before booting from the hard disk, etc.

laci

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Hi thogrom,
Thanks a lot. I will check and than will report how I (if) solved.
when I look before with the TAB I already take off all the screens that come up.
(In the ASUS even has possibility to put your own logo)
Best regards,
laci