hello i have: core i5 750
gigabyte p55-usb3 bios f4
2x2gb kingston ( without heatspreaders)
antec three hundred
ocz modxtreampro 600w
sapphire radeon hd 5830
i am wondering can i with my stock cpu fan overclock the cpu to 3.2 or mayby 3.4 , or is it best to keep my cpu at default and let turbo do its thing?
and if its possible to do the overclock how do i do it?
and final question is easytune 6 any good?
1. set memory multiplier to 8,
2. set CPU multiplier to 21.
3. Turn off speedstep and turboboost.
4. slowly increase block speed, reboot.
5. Repeat 4 until it doesn't boot.
6. Increase voltage.
7. Repeat 4-6 until you reach target overclock.
Max overclock varies between chips, and depends on your RAM speed. How high an OC you can do with stock fan depends on ambient, and differs form chip to chip.
OC in the BIOS, not with easytune.
Silent, those temps look too high. What's ambient and what voltage are you using?