ASROCK X58 network cards stopped working

b9er

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
I have the ASROCK X58 SUPERCOMPUTER 1366 and yesterday I rebooted my machine after a long period of not rebooting and when it came back up I had no internet. So I looked in the devices and it showed only one network card (Even though there are 2 on board) so I plugged the cable into the other one and the internet worked fine. So I was doing some stuff on the computer and had to reboot again..

When the machine came up I again had no internet and when I checked the devices I no longer had the 2nd on board card listed. :heink:

So I decided to try to reinstall the drivers from the mobo disk but when I run the realtek drivers installer it stops and says I do not have any realtek (network card) hardware on this computer so it can't install the driver :fou:

This is after a month or so of working fine..

My on board sound is still working fine and my USB as well.. So I take it my on board network cards decided to die????

Why the heck would that happen? It can't be normal.. Should I send the mobo back or just go out and get a NIC? at this point I'd rather just go buy a NIC but I don't know if this is a bad board that eventually it will burn out my sound and usb and everything else..

need opinions.

G

Sigh, i have the ASRock x58 deLuxe, and also my (1) Ethernet port died.. strangely enough a few days later my network card als got weird on me and soon after died.. Is there something wrong with ASRock boards?
I just can't bring myself to disassemble my whole system to return the mobo :-(