Sign in with
Your question

P4 overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
May 25, 2010 3:26:32 PM

hi, im kinda new to overclocking and have only attempted it a few times and had no issues untill now and was wondering if you could help.

ive been trying to over clock a pentium 4 520 at 2.8 on an asus p5ql-e its water cooled using a corsair h50 and stays stable at 32c idle, ive been trying to overclock this to 3.0gz at least but the poblem is my ram keeps overclocking with it when i push the fsb up the ram goes up to but from my understanding it shouldnt unless ive miss understood something.

im using 4gb (4x1gb) 800mhz ddr2 ocz platinum edition, from my understanding i should be able to push my cpu fsb upto 400mhz before my ram should increase right? i cant change the multiplyer of my ram only the fsb. when i push the cpu fsb to 205 the ram moves to 820mhz is there a way to stop this or am i doing something wrong?

thanks very much for any advice.

RIZLA.

More about : overclocking

May 25, 2010 3:33:30 PM

RIZLA said:
hi, im kinda new to overclocking and have only attempted it a few times and had no issues untill now and was wondering if you could help.

ive been trying to over clock a pentium 4 520 at 2.8 on an asus p5ql-e its water cooled using a corsair h50 and stays stable at 32c idle, ive been trying to overclock this to 3.0gz at least but the poblem is my ram keeps overclocking with it when i push the fsb up the ram goes up to but from my understanding it shouldnt unless ive miss understood something.

im using 4gb (4x1gb) 800mhz ddr2 ocz platinum edition, from my understanding i should be able to push my cpu fsb upto 400mhz before my ram should increase right? i cant change the multiplyer of my cpu only the fsb. when i push the cpu fsb to 205 the ram moves to 820mhz is there a way to stop this or am i doing something wrong?

thanks very much for any advice.

RIZLA.

May 25, 2010 5:54:24 PM

With same Memory, I have succeeded my o/c at 4.8 ghz with Pentium 4 641 and with the rad stock !!

Try to fix the memory with 1:1 ratio.
Normaly, you can decrease the memory frequency (800 -> 667 or 533) in your bios and if you up the FSB, the frequency raise up but it will start at 533 instead of 800 mhz
!