Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Am I Safe? CPU Temp!

Last response: in Overclocking
May 25, 2010 10:00:04 PM

So I have been at around 4000 MHz on my i7-920 for about a week (maybe more I can't remember), with the RAM at 1528 8-8-8-24, CR 2. It's been completely smooth, and has not frozen even once! :) 

HOWEVER, my CPU temp has gone up just a bit.. I was under the impression that increasing voltage would do this, but I never touched my voltage. Now my average core temp is 55 C. It used to be around 50 C. I saw something on the Intel website that indicated it probably is fine, but I want my PC to last me a few years (5?). Even though I might get another computer before that time, I still want it to last just in case.

Question: Is 55 C okay for the i7-920? I have attached a screenshot of my CoreTemp. This is pretty much what it looks like after the computer has been on for a while (I leave it on almost all the time). The highest it hits is around 70 C, but that is only here and there. I am not putting it under heavy load often. Is this okay? Should I slow my CPU down to get the temps lower? Please do let me know! :) 

UPDATE: I just turned the CPU down to 3500 MHz and the temperature didn't change a bit. So I put it back at 4000 MHz for now. Please let me know about those temps? :) 

More about : safe cpu temp

May 26, 2010 12:46:24 AM

Hi, I'm a real novice, but i've got a hunch.

are your voltages just set to auto? I know that with my i7 860 when I raised the BCLK to 200MHz the voltage rose from 1.16 to 1.35 and the max IMC voltage is 1.7. and I think this step up of the IMC voltage may have contributed to temps going up.

Did you just reduce the multiplier when you backed off to 3500? If it is your IMC voltage that is causing the heat then maybe just reducing the multiplier won't affect the IMC voltage which might be why the temperature didn't change.

Score
May 26, 2010 12:52:50 AM

also what cooler are you using and what motherboard do you have?
Score
Related resources
May 26, 2010 3:59:20 AM

Hey,

Yes, my voltages are set to auto. When changing back to 3500 I reduced the BCLK from 191 to 167, and left the multiplier at 21.

The default voltage for the i7-920 is 1.26 I believe. I can set it to that voltage manually and try using the 3500 and 4000 MHz to see if that helps. Maybe it was putting my voltage higher than I need..

I am using an ASRock X58 Extreme motherboard with stock Intel fan and heatsink.

Either way, you sort of didn't answer my question at all (although I appreciate what you have mentioned :)  ).

I really want to know if those temperatures are "normal" and safe to go on with (50 C low, 55 C average, 70 C high--See image above). Anyone/Everyone please let me know! Thanks :) 
Score
May 26, 2010 4:29:35 AM

EDIT: SORRY WRONG THREAD!
Score
May 26, 2010 12:11:49 PM

trancetunes said:
Hey,

Yes, my voltages are set to auto. When changing back to 3500 I reduced the BCLK from 191 to 167, and left the multiplier at 21.

The default voltage for the i7-920 is 1.26 I believe. I can set it to that voltage manually and try using the 3500 and 4000 MHz to see if that helps. Maybe it was putting my voltage higher than I need..

I am using an ASRock X58 Extreme motherboard with stock Intel fan and heatsink.

Either way, you sort of didn't answer my question at all (although I appreciate what you have mentioned :)  ).

http://i47.tinypic.com/dobcs5.jpg

I really want to know if those temperatures are "normal" and safe to go on with (50 C low, 55 C average, 70 C high--See image above). Anyone/Everyone please let me know! Thanks :) 

When I was running prime 95 on my i7 860 also with the stock heatsink my core temp was around 77 - 80 degrees. I ran it for 5 and a half hours with no mistakes. When Idle my temps are 22-30 degrees. And my clock is just the factory clock at the moment. I'm supprised you have clocked up to 4GHz on just the stock heatsink!! I want to clock mine to 4 also but I have just ordered a corsair H50-1 water cooler to help me out. Also it sounds to me like you may not have stress tested it? I would suspect that if you have clocked to 4GHz without improving the cooling and stress tested it, and your idle temps are already 55 degrees, that it would get a lot hotter than 70 degrees when stress testing!! Have you done any stress testing?
Score
May 26, 2010 4:57:43 PM

Hi,

Once again (no offense at all :)  ) you are not really answering the one question I have asked!

No I haven't stress tested it because then the temp will sky rocket! However, when I use my PC I am not under any heavy load. I am mostly an average user that is a student learning Graphic Design. So, it's not that I would ever have the CPU on 100% load...ever. After being on for a couple days my computers highest recorded CPU temp was 70 C. The average temp that it stayed around was 55 C.

Right now I am at 3507 MHz, 50 C average, 65 C high until I get an answer about those other temps:

Once again--I want my PC to last me until December 2014 (which will be 5 years from the time I purchased). Please let me know if 70 C high and 55 C average are okay/safe/normal, and allow my computer to last that long (as far as you know)? That is all I am asking about right now. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can let me know their opinions on that because if they are okay I will go back to 4 GHz! :D 
Score
a c 102 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 26, 2010 5:04:41 PM

70C is fine as a maximum but if you have not stress tested it then oneday you could do something that causes the temps to go higher. Also if the voltage is set to auto then it will increase automatically as you overclock (most likely higher than needed). If you never cause the CPU to run 100% and want it to last 5 years then don't bother overclocking it.
Score
May 26, 2010 6:03:41 PM

simon12 said:
70C is fine as a maximum but if you have not stress tested it then oneday you could do something that causes the temps to go higher. Also if the voltage is set to auto then it will increase automatically as you overclock (most likely higher than needed). If you never cause the CPU to run 100% and want it to last 5 years then don't bother overclocking it.

Simon, and everyone,

As far as not bothering to overclock..Well, even in my every day use I noticed a real difference when I do overclock the CPU. It's nice to get it running as fast as I safely can. Honestly, I just turned the speed down to stock (BCLK 133 x 21 CPU Multiplier) and the temperature is still idle at 45-50 C depending on the core.. Under Prime95 blend test, the CPU reached 70 C with 100% load..

BTW, I changed the voltages manually. I also quickly realized that AUTO increases the voltage as I increase CPU speed. :) 

This brings me to a couple questions:

1. What voltages are stable with the i7 920 at: 3507 MHz (167 BCLK x 21 CPU Multiplier), 3990 MHz (190x21), and 4015 MHz (191x21)?

NOTE: I had the 3507 running at 1.15 volts and it didn't crash at all..maybe that will help you estimate what would be okay for the others!

2. If I am hitting temps around 50 C when I don't overclock, should I just not worry and go ahead and overclock it to maybe 3500 MHz? What are your opinions on this? (see temps below to compare)

At 4015 MHz I am running at 55 C average, 70 C high (not under stress testing--just every day use).

At 3507 MHz I am running at 45-50 C average, 65-70 C high (once again, not under stress test--just every day use).

At 2800 MHz I am at 45-50 C average, 65-70 C high (tested in Prime95 with 100% load).

That being said, if I want my PC to last me for a few years (5), what should I do? Should I just not bother OCing? OR is it okay for me to OC since the temps between the three are so similar? I would really like to overclock, but only as long as my PC can last me! Are these temperatures okay?

I really want as many opinions I can get on this, so please let me know! :) 
Score
May 27, 2010 1:59:54 AM

I guess my real question in the end is: Will my PC/CPU be totally fine with the temperatures I mentioned?

Stock (2800) - 45-50 C, 70 C at 100% load with Prime95

Overclocked (3500/4000) - 55 C, 70 C at most with my every day use (but way higher if I test with Prime95--once again, I don't do anything to my PC that is as demanding as that test)

I understand Prime95 will make my CPU get hotter than 70 C when I overclock, but it doesn't get any hotter than that with my every day use. Even when it does hit 70 C it's not for that long--it's just brief random moments, but 90% of the time it's at 55 C. Keeping that in mind, is my PC going to last me until December 2014 as long as my CPU doesn't go above 70 C?
Score
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 27, 2010 2:42:37 AM

No, I think it might only last to Feb 5, 2013? lol, sorry couldn't help it.
There is no way, its a good thing to o/c a 920 to 4ghz with the stock cooler.
Start prime 95 and select 4 threads, thats out of 8 with hyperthreading. Thats 50% cpu load, report back your temps after 15 or so minutes. I'm thinking at 4ghz it will cascade up to the 80's/.
Score
May 27, 2010 5:25:06 AM

Hello,
my idle temps for my 920 at idle are 53 51 52 48 and at load no higher than 75 am I safe? I have it overclocked at 3.8 1603 I would like my cpu to last forever I have never had a cpu fail on me..... So I would like to know..I have asus p6t deluxe v2 and zerotherm core92 heatsink

Edit: my cpu voltage is 1.09 its the lowest it can be for it to be stable...ran linx and prime95 with no errors or blue screens.
Score
May 27, 2010 6:08:41 AM

Savior, way to hijack my thread man... :p  You should really read some forum etiquette before posting like that! If you have a question, and it is the same question I am asking about, just wait for a response instead of trying to ask about your own PC first! :p 

Anyway, Notty, the thing is--I will never put my CPU under as much stress as Prime95 does. I understand that Prime95 is great for testing stability, but it's really overkill for trying to know if my PC will be okay for every day use... That is why I stated the temps that I did before. After being on for a couple days straight at 4000 MHz my CPU never went above 70 C. I am not a demanding user, seriously! :) 

I understand Prime95 will make my CPU get hotter than 70 C when I overclock, but it doesn't get any hotter than that with my every day use. Even when it does hit 70 C it's not for that long--it's just very brief random moments, but 90% of the time it's at 55 C (talking about when I overclock..if I don't then it averages about 46 C).

Will my PC/CPU be totally fine with the temperatures I mentioned? Assuming that I am giving you an accurate temperature for my CPU when I use my computer, will it be okay and last me a few years? 55 C on average, 70 C high.

For now I am running it at 2800 MHz w/ 46 C until I get some more response :) 

Thank you so much for everyone's time! Please continue to help me out :) 

UPDATE: Okay, so now I have turned hyperthreading off and I am getting amazing results. I am now running the same temps as stock speed with 4015 MHz when HT is off!

So please consider this question as well: 2800 MHz w/ HT on, 1.15 Volts, and 45-50 C -OR- 4015 MHz w/ HT off, 1.26 Volts, 50 C?

Thanks again, I am looking forward to the responses! :) 
Score
May 27, 2010 3:33:56 PM

trancelunes I wasnt attempting to highjack your thread since i havent seen anyone else respond I said what the heck maybe trance will have some input by matter of comparison thats all no need to get on the defensive about my post..i was just adding on because I really would like to know as well..

there is really nothing that makes my cpu to spike to 100% like prime95 does so im not that worried...but linx makes my temps go higher close to the 80's and to me that one is overkill...
Score
May 27, 2010 6:43:01 PM

Wouldn't want my CPU temps getting to 70C. Doesn't it say on the Intel site the thermal parameters for the chip is about 72C?
Score
May 27, 2010 6:50:54 PM

67.9C max temp in case for the i7-900 series at 130W power from Intel's website.
Score
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 27, 2010 7:21:29 PM

Those temps are the Cpu 'case' temp.
At idle on intel cpu's the case temp is about 10c more than the cores, they don't scale completely linear. I5 750 is 73c, your cores would be in the 80's. Not sure if there is a 'max' core temp. At 100c core temp, the cpu throttles to save itself.
Score
May 27, 2010 8:28:25 PM

One thing I am also noticing is that today I have the air conditioning on and my temps are way lower now! So right now at 3507 MHz my CPU is at 40-45 C :)  ...However when it is warmer, the temps can hit 50-55 C, and 70 C under load (only for a second though--nothing constant). Please let me know about that temperature? As far as I know I have been told that if temps/volts are okay, then the CPU will last. My voltage is always 1.26 or less, and the temps sometimes go up to 55 C, 70 C under load (but just for a second, nothing constant!).

MY QUESTION: Given the fact that I want my computer to last me a few years (December 2014 is my time frame) and my voltage is always 1.26 or less, is it okay if my CPU runs around 50-55 C, and once in a while hitting 70 C under load (for just a second--not constant at all)?
Score
a c 102 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 27, 2010 8:54:40 PM

OK the temps are OK but its anyones guess it may last 20+ years with the over clock or die in 2 at stock settings the only sure thing is any setting above stock will shorten the time scale. Also in the time frame software will advance and use more CPU power and you will be hitting higher temps more often.
Score
May 27, 2010 9:47:24 PM

"..the only sure thing is any setting above stock will shorten the time scale. "

I've seen users on these forums say that they overclocked several PC's and had them running fine 5 years down the road! In all honestly, that is all I want..5 years. If I don't get a new PC in 5 years that would suck because I am sure it will be outdated by then. :p  Anyway, I thought it is voltage/temperature that shortens life of CPU? If I have good voltage and temperature at 3500-4000 MHz, why would my CPU life span go down?

I look forward to hearing more opinions about my question!!

MY QUESTION: Given the fact that I want my computer to last me a few years (December 2014 is my time frame) and my voltage is always 1.26 or less, is it okay if my CPU runs around 50-55 C, and once in a while hitting 70 C under load (for just a second--not constant at all)?
Score
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 28, 2010 1:00:23 AM

trancetunes said:

You just don't give up, you want someone to agree with you that it will be safe.

NO ONE is going to do that, at least no one that has been doing this for a while. NO it is NOT safe to run an OCed i7 cpu with the stock cooler.

SO, just take your chances or get a good cooler, your choice, it's your computer after all.
Score
May 28, 2010 4:05:23 AM

RJR, relax. I am not being stubborn, I am just simply looking for an answer about that question.

All you are saying is "No don't overclock with stock cooler."

What I am looking for is: "Yes, if your temps are ## C at the most it is okay." OR "No, those temps will not allow your CPU to last 5 years in my opinion/are not okay/safe."

So, if you want, give your opinion in regard to those temperatures.

Right now I am at 3507 MHz and my highest core is at 50 C..The PC has been on for a while now and the highest temp I have hit all day is 60 C. This is probably because I had the A/C on today...

QUESTION: That is why I want to know about 55 C, and 70 C during very brief peak moments (for 3507 MHz I use 1.15 volts, for 4000 I use 1.26).

Anyone/Everyone please let me know what you think about those temps. Will they most likely allow my CPU to last me a few years? My goal is to have this PC until December 2014..So I just need to know if those temps (55 C, 70 C during very brief peak moments) are okay for my CPU?
Score
May 28, 2010 11:55:28 AM

I would buy a new CPU cooler and some arctic silver 5 compound if you use the stock cooler.
Those temps lock kind of high, to be safe at list change the thermal paste with AS 5. I managed to overclock my CPU not that much with stock cooler but the paste can help.
I do not have your CPU but i would recommend to buy a better cooler. If you do not want to spend a lot of money on it buy arctic freezer pro rev2 witch if i remember right supports 1156 and 1366 sockets.

If you really want to use your PC at those high temps i think it will last you 4 years..:) .
But i can't guarantee, it can last more or less..he he..
The processors these days use high-k alloy that does not last as long as the old CPU's lasted.
Score
May 28, 2010 4:35:27 PM

damn that sucks I7's wont last as long as older cpu's but they are so new so how would anyone know that? AS5 makes my pc idle very high no matter how I apply it so for me mx2 works the best.
Score

Best solution

a b à CPUs
May 28, 2010 5:46:09 PM

trancetunes said:
RJR, relax. I am not being stubborn, I am just simply looking for an answer about that question.

......I just need to know if those temps (55 C, 70 C during very brief peak moments) are okay for my CPU?
[/b]

Those temperatures are okay for your CPU, and well within Intel specifications.

However......

It does not make sense that your temps are the same regardless of your processor speed. (Maybe your sensors might be bad?) It does not make sense that they changed for no reason (maybe thermal paste degeredation?)

I agree with the others saying you should replace your heatsink, and I reocommend Cooler Master Hyper 212 +. This one is on sale for $20 if you have a microcenter near you: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

Thank you for bearing with me, while I got that off my chest.

May 28, 2010 7:59:58 PM

Hehe no problem! :p  I will try to get one as soon as I can, but for now...

I am using CoreTemp to monitor my temps.. I heard that is the best program to do so? Even everest ultimate edition or whatever is giving the same temp reading.

How does that look? The reason I got it cooler is because I put this small fan on top of my roof fan. My case has a 140mm exhaust fan on the top..with this small fan of mine helping it suck out air the temps on my CPU dropped a few degrees! That's why I really want to know about 55 C instead of 50 C, and 70 C as a high instead of 65 C. :) 

Thanks for your response! Anyone else feel free to let me know if you feel like those temps are okay/safe/normal or not (considering that I want my PC to last me a few years!).
Score
May 28, 2010 10:00:43 PM

The i7's are known to run pretty warm, but you are within the safe ranges. If it goes any higher than 72ºC under any circumstances, you are actually shortening the life span every second it runs at or higher than 72ºC.

Try and move your fans around in the case to find out what gets the better airflow/ lower temps.

Also, in almost every case, when you are Overclocking, you never stick with the Stock cooler, but I've heard that the i7 stock fans are actually pretty good. Is the cooler a block or a tower? block of aluminum fins about 2-3" in height and a tower is anywhere above the 3".

I myself have an AMD Athlon II X2 250 (Dual Core) which I have up to 3.705GHz and I only get to 21ºC idle and 32ºC under full load. If you can, get your temps a bit lower and get an Aftermarket CPU HEatsink+ Fan, they can be pretty cheap for what you get in performance, but some can get too pricey. If you're into the online shopping, def. check out NewEgg.

One more thing, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't read all of the replies, but I would suggest you do test your speeds with Prime95, it doesn't matter if you will never put it under full load under normal conditions, but it's good to test it, so you know that everything is stable and you don't cause damage to the processor, which could have been detected by running Prime to make sure there aren't any errors in your OC.
Score
May 28, 2010 10:24:07 PM

CFTait, thank you very much... That reply was helpful. :)  I believe I have a "block" heatsink:

I was wondering if you might be able to (or anyone else) let me know about my voltages and if they are safe? CPU is at 1.26 (although its apparently running at 1.248) and my CPU PLL is at 1.88..is that okay? I know that voltage increases temp, and that can cause harm. However, I also read that even if temps are normal voltages can still do damage. That being said, are all of these voltages okay? Here is an image:

Score
May 28, 2010 11:25:56 PM

Your Voltages are ok.

Doing anything with overclocking, whether it is minor or major, you will see an increase in temperatures. It could even be 0.1ºC but you will barely notice it, with most temp readers, they can be off, either be under or over.

The i7's can reach up to 115ºC, which is freaking hot and you would never want it to get that high, ever. Your best best is to stay where you are, or underclock if you don't want to get an after market heatsink and fan. But, like I said, they're pretty cheap and can do a lot for when you are Overclocking.

If you do end up getting an after market heatsink, get a Heat pipe heatsink, they perform very well.
Score
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2010 1:56:19 AM

Were those high temps with Prime95? If so, they are better than mine - Running at 3.3 Ghz, and slightly elevated voltages very close to yours, my low temps are the same, and my high temps run 68 to 70. That is with a full load of Prime95 all cores. I don't run faster than 3.3 GHz because I do not really notice any speed difference in my day to day activities.

Edit: including system temp and voltages:

Score
June 1, 2010 2:03:28 AM

Actually now I am at 4 GHz at 45C - 55C, with:

1.3 volts running at 1.28 apparently CPU (original is 1.26 which runs at 1.248),

1.88 CPU PLL,

1.34 VTT,

1.203 IOH (original is 1.110)

1.2 IOH CSI (original is 1.16)

1.654 DRAM

What does everyone think about those voltages? The CPU volts are within Intel specs (they say a max of 1.55--so I am assuming 1.3 is nothing dangerous at all). However I didn't see any Intel specs for IOH and IOH CSI. Are 1.2 safe settings for those??

PS--Again, the temps see to be in the safe range for now (I am about to get a cooler master hyper 212 plus though--go to this thread to help me decide).
Score
June 28, 2010 1:45:45 AM

I wouldn't ever feel safe to say that your temps are fine unless you run prime 95 and can keep it under 75-80C, I dont care if you only use the computer to watch movies and surf the web. Your idle temps are what mine are and I have a megahalems heatsink with true push pull really good cooling, these i7's run hot and the cooler they run the more innacurate the sensors are, only go by peak temp, idle temp is never accurate.

Also for the people saying your temps are 20-28 that is impossible unless you have water cooling or live in a very very cold 40F enviorment. CPU temp cant be below ambient.
Score
July 6, 2010 3:04:38 AM

just an update for everyone

i still havent been able to get an aftermarket cooler..sucks.

however, my system is currently running at 3.8 GHz (200x19) with:

1.2250v (actually running at 1.216) - cpu
1.20v - VTT
1.82v - QPI
1.654v - DRAM

my temps today reached 68 C at highest with a room temp of 35 C (yes, it got insanely hot today--that's 95 F for anyone using F). those temps were reached when i played a racing sim on 1920x1080 res (windowed on 1920x1200 monitor). right now i've got a couple apps open and im running at 50-55 C (however when the house is cool it goes down to about 40-45 C). my pc hasn't frozen once and i know those temps are safe, but i can't wait to get an aftermarket cooler+thermal compound. i've had my eyes set on the hypermaster 212+ w/ IC7 Diamond compound.
Score
July 6, 2010 3:09:26 AM

Best answer selected by trancetunes.
Score
July 8, 2010 1:14:41 AM

Cant believe I just read all that.

Long story short. If your worried about your temps/longevity either get a cpu cooler or put it back stock.

Make the question irrelevant.
Score
July 13, 2010 2:37:05 AM

Well, to put it bluntly, you're wrong. My temperatures were completely fine, which I found out after doing a little more asking around/looking around. I run my PC at 3.8 GHz with 1.2250 volts, and my temps were 50-55 C .. I actually just installed a hyper 212+ heatsink with IC Diamond 7 Carat compound today, and I have a 10 C difference (now at 39-44 C) ..when the compound settles in, I should be able to get even lower..

Anyway, my point is that I actually didn't have anything to worry about, but I did want lower temps and now I am getting them!
Score
July 13, 2010 1:27:06 PM

@trancetunes: "but I did want lower temps"

Exactly. So add a cooler, like you did, and make the question irrelevant.

To put it bluntly, I wasnt wrong.
Score
July 13, 2010 7:11:38 PM

Dude. This thread is old. The answer is already selected. You can keep coming back and arguing if you want, but your response(s) was(were/are) completely useless and pointless. The tone you started off with and are continuing to reply with shows that you clearly started responding JUST FOR AN ARGUMENT (You might want to read the rules of this forum).

You told me that the question is irrelevant because I should just get a cooler if I am concerned. Well, if you DID read this whole thread, you would have seen that I couldn't get a cooler at the time. Therefore, I simply wanted to know if the temps were okay. Not just, "buy a cooler."

THAT BEING SAID, the temps WERE OKAY, but I knew I wanted them lower eventually even if they were. The reason I said "you are wrong" is because you said that I should buy a cooler as if it was my only choice. As if my temps would not be okay unless I had a cooler.
Score
July 14, 2010 2:16:13 AM

Eh? Arguing?

To clarify, I said to make the question irrelevant. I did not say it was irrelevant.

What I said still fits. If you couldnt afford a cooler then back it off. If you can then do it. That will make the question irrelevant.

Score
July 14, 2010 4:08:43 AM

Right, but that has nothing to do with my question. In fact, to make any of your arguing irrelevant, THIS THREAD IS DONE.

THE QUESTION: "50-55 C safe or not?"

END. There is no other answer than I was looking for other than, "Yes this temp is okay and ur cpu will be fine." or "No that temp is not safe in my opinion, you should try and lower it." I ALREADY GOT THE ANSWER.

Like I said, if you DID READ THIS THREAD, you would know that other people ALREADY HAVE SAID WHAT YOU ARE SAYING 1-2 MONTHS AGO (or whatever it was). Other people already tried saying the same exact thing, and I told them I am only looking for opinions TO THAT SPECIFIC QUESTION.

Again, WHATEVER YOU SAY DOES NOT FIT AT ALL BECAUSE THE SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND. ARE YOU GETTING THE POINT YET? Don't tell me you AREN'T arguing with someone when you try to revive a thread that is already done with. Yes, I came back 10 days ago to select an answer because I was reminded to. However, this thread has been done, and the dates/content show it.
Score
July 14, 2010 1:20:09 PM

Ive made the same statement twice. Thats arguing?

On the other hand you are ranting, yelling, and accusing. Are you Mel Gibson? Take a breath and relax.

Do you remember writing this?........ "I really want as many opinions I can get on this, so please let me know! :) "

Score
July 14, 2010 1:33:13 PM

Yes, it is arguing when you decide to come back 2-3 times now and insist on saying something which I do not need to know anymore, and which I already said was not helpful 2 months ago.

Yelling? I was only using caps to emphasize certain parts of the sentence.

I remember writing that, and I also remember writing to others that said the same thing you said (2 months ago) that it was not helpful to tell me to "get a cooler." If you read the thread like you said you did, you would have seen that. I also remember SELECTING THE SOLUTION ALREADY.

Score
July 14, 2010 5:22:28 PM

People reply to replies on a forum. Dont confuse that with arguing. Also using CAPS on the internet is yelling.

If you dont like my input be mature enough to not use it and move on.
Score
July 14, 2010 10:13:27 PM

Yea, people reply on this forum when the discussion is not 2 months old and solved already. You have the nerve to tell me about being mature? How about YOU accept that the "advice" you tried to give me was rejected 2 months before you ever even said it? If you are unhappy that this thread is already done with, and that I don't need your advice (which is obviously unappreciated), then be mature enough and move on. It's easy to use that word, but there is no doubt you are being just as "immature" as me, if not more.

You decided to respond to a discussion that is 2 months old with a condescending demeanor, even though the solution was already found.."I can't believe I just read all of this (yea, I don't know why you wasted your time either considering it said "SOLVED")."

How about you be mature enough to accept that I don't want the advice anymore, and I never wanted the advice you gave, as I said 2 months ago to people who said the exact same thing.
Score
July 15, 2010 4:43:42 AM

To clarify, I replied to something that was 2 days old. Check the dates.

"How about you be mature enough to accept that I don't want the advice anymore, and I never wanted the advice you gave, as I said 2 months ago to people who said the exact same thing."

EH? Are you kidding me? Why in the world does it matter how mature I am if you accept my advice? Moron.
Score
July 15, 2010 5:17:19 AM

I think you are the one that needs to check dates. This thread started months ago, and I only came back 10 days ago to pick a solution. Yea, I did also mention that I didn't have a cooler yet, but that was pretty irrelevant to the question I was asking earlier.

Also, you misread my last reply. I was pointing out your hypocrisy by telling YOU to be "mature" and accept the fact that I don't want your advice and I don't need it (obviously, since I already picked a solution, and other people already said what you did). Maybe try and read a little more carefully before calling me a moron.

Actually, you shouldn't really be calling anyone a moron because:

Violations - It violates the Tom's Hardware Rules of Conduct if you engage in any of the following activity:

"Harass, threaten, embarrass or insult other users..."
Score
July 15, 2010 4:40:41 PM

Dates: July 5 2010........your last post.

July 7 2010........my first post.

Hmmmmm. And please explain to me why it matters when this thread started?

"Also, you misread my last reply. I was pointing out your hypocrisy by telling YOU to be "mature" and accept the fact that I don't want your advice and I don't need it "

Why do you keep whining. Nobody is making you take any advice. If you dont want it dont take it and move on.

And by the way, questioning my marurity is very harassing and embarrassing. :non: 
Score
July 15, 2010 5:16:17 PM

Again, I only used the word "mature" because I was pointing out the hypocrisy of you deciding to call me immature first. You chose to do that first, and you chose to call me a moron.

The fact that the thread is DONE was my point moreso than when it started. The fact that people already said the SAME exact thing you did 2 months ago was also my point moreso than when the thread started.
Score
!