danialkamran

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Hello Guys i have the following specifications now i don't know the power supply i should use so please guide me or tell if there is something i can do.

Intel DG31PR 1333Mhz
intel Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz 6MB E8200
Msi Nvidia 7300GT 256 MB PCI graphics card
2GB kingston DDR2 800 mhz RAM
160 GB SATA
2 DVD Drives.

I use everest software for looking at the system conditions. i noticed that the

core temperatures are about above 40 `C average
GPU temperature about above 50`C average.
Aux temperature about above 100`C average
Motherboard temp about above 55`C average

now tell me r these temperatures high and if they are what should i do.I dont have info about the supply i am using currently.

the temperature increase futher when i play games on PC.

my email is danialkamran@hotmail.com

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
A good quality 300W+ PSU would be plenty. Antec Earthwatts, Corsair or Seasonic.

The temps do seem high for idle. Try another program such as Realtemp or Coretemp for the CPU and GPU-Z for the GPU.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
I have the same motherboard purchased retail from Newegg a year ago. My temps at idle are slightly higher than yours. However, when I place my computer next to the balcony door (opened about 6 inches to let cool winter air 8 Celsius some in) and remove the side panel, the temps go down 25 percent. This tells me the temp sensors (located on the motherbaord underneath the CPU and also inside the Nothbridge chip) are working fine. IMO Intel used a cheap heatsink on the Northbridge. I checked Asus motherboards with the G31 chipset and theirs are more robust copper material. You may want to modify your side panel and mount a fan to blow directly to your Northbridge or prop an 80 mm fan on the video card to blow towards the Northgridge. I use PCwizard, real temp, and core temp. The harware monitors within the BIOS matches the temps in PC Wizard so there's no software error reading the temps.