Motherboard Onboard Video TV-Out

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • TV
  • Video
Last response: in Motherboards
May 7, 2009 6:32:16 AM

Hello, everyone.

I am looking to build an htpc and i am considering this motherboard.
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Product...

The HDMI output is useful, but only in future upgrades. For now, my system only runs on s-video. My question is: does the onboard video on this board support TV-Out for s-video? Or is that functionality not available?

More about : motherboard onboard video

May 7, 2009 5:06:11 PM

you post a link to the information about your board and you come here asking questions about it which could be found on the website you provided if it does not have an s-video port then it does not support S-video
m
l
May 7, 2009 7:16:46 PM

captaincharisma said:
you post a link to the information about your board and you come here asking questions about it which could be found on the website you provided if it does not have an s-video port then it does not support S-video

On the contrary, TV-out is available on many video cards through the DVI and D-sub ports. An s-video port on the card is not required. The video card has to support it, then an adapter can be installed for use. This is a common feature.

However, I have never used onboard video like this, so I figured I might ask someone who has some experience.
m
l
May 7, 2009 9:58:05 PM

well if that was the case check what the motherboard comes with. if it is possible then such an adapter should be included
m
l
Related resources
!