What is difference between PWM and Smart Control Speed?

PWM stands for "Pulse Width Modulation" and is a good technology based method of speed control increasing the efficiency of the motor it is controlling.

Smart Speed Control can mean anything depending on the technology used. This is one of the terms used by creative product marketing departments. Check into how the speed is controlled in these instances.

Given a choice, I prefer PWM motors.

Misko195

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Then maybe you know why my PWM don't work after install new cooler (hyper TX3 with 4 pins and PWM) with stock cooler PWM control work well (when temps go highter fan speed is 2500-2800 RPM in idle is 2000 RPM), but now fan speed is only 100% 3000 RPM and don't change on highter temps. Only if i set in BIOS Smart Speed Control then change yes, but only with bios setting.

Smart Speed Control in the BIOS is exactly what you need in order to control fans plugged into motherboard headers. This is what it is supposed to do. Make the setting in the BIOS and let it do its thing.

Your stock cooler must have been plugged into the CPU fan header. Thats why it had automatic speed control.

(I thought that you were referring to "Smart Speed Control" to control electric motors in general)

Misko195

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Ok then, thank you very much. With smart speed control work well. I set my fan on 50% 1900 RPM and target on 45C (but when in BIOS 45C on CoreTemps is 55C (average), i don't know why) now is good... Thnx.